Cowboy Party For A 6 Year Old

Any tips or ideas on games for a cowboy party for a 6 year old. The weather is probably not going to cooperate, so I want to plan indoor games and activities. I appreciate any ideas.

Thanks!

Crissy

By Amanda (Guest Post)

How 'bout a round-up scavenger hunt? Hide cowboy type items through the home (isn't there a cow tail candy?) and the winner gets a prize. What about a lasso contest, have the kids try to lasso a pet or stuffed animal.

By Liz (Guest Post)

I am working on the same thing for my four year old. I was thinking of cutting a wooden boot or cactus with holes for bean-bags. What do you think? You could do it in or out.

Here's some quick and easy ideas that me and my son (who is 6) play on rainy days when he's feeling frisky: 1 cowboy hat turned brim up on the ground and tape on the floor in three lines about 6 inches apart from each other in a line backwards, with 1 beanbag or hackysack becomes "Indoor Horseshoes". I bucket filled with dry beans and candy in the bottom becomes a "Frank and Beans" candy contest. I length of rope and a kids chair with a mop propped on it, or a hobby horse becomes "Lasso the Filly".

We of course have "Cowboy Blues Tunes" which we sing karaoke to kids-type cowboy songs or kidz bop versions of the adult ones. Food is of course hotdogs on the grill, or our firepit, beans cook in a pan, corn on the cob and beer (Root that is). Then we tell stories around the firepit and make smores. Just some ideas for a mid-winter cowboy style roundup. Good luck and tell him I said Happy Birthday.

By Julie (Guest Post)

I had a Toy Story party for my son, so we combined space and cowboy themes. For a gift bag, I purchased cowboy hats (Oriental Trading) for about $1.00 each (Few years ago), and placed the gift bag in the upsidedown hat, so each boy received a hat when they left (or to wear at your party). Also we had wheelbarrel races. If you have a basement or other large room to race in, this would be a fun game.

One person holds anothers feet, belly down, and steers the "wheelbarrel" around an obstacle course of chairs, cardboard cacti(or real potted plants) and anything else you can think of. To make it fair, each child was the "wheelbarrel" once and "cowboy" once. This also took care of SOME of their abundance of energy!! Enjoy and have fun!