Craft: Recycled Dog Food Bag Tote

Recycled Dog Food Bag Tote

I recycled this dog food bag into a tote bag. I sewed the sides and boxed the bottom then I attached a band around the top and added straps. I can use it for groceries, vegetables, or grass clippings.

By Patty from Turbotville, PA

Feedback:

Craft: Recycled Dog Food Bag Tote

Very niffty idea. We use ours to pick up doggy doo-doo in the yard.

By LITTLE SUZY

Craft: Recycled Dog Food Bag Tote

I use mine to tote things around as well. I've attached handles to some but have never needed to attach anything to the bottom because they're strong enough as is.

FINALLY a craft idea that isn't wasting time and money! For a "thrifty" site, there's a ton of info on buying junk to create cutsie junk that you'll have to discard quickly.

By NY MOM

Craft: Recycled Dog Food Bag Tote

Great idea! I have thought about sewing several together to make plastic sheeting for my dogs to lie on in their dog houses in the winter. I would put it under the blankets that I already put out for them.

It could also be used for a first layer under piddle pads for puppies. Just some thoughts, sure some better ones will occur to me when I've posted this! ;-)

While I value all the things on this website and realize that different things are needed by different people at different times, for me, I tend to agree with the other poster who was glad to see something useful made from something free! Those are what appeal to me the most also.

Craft: Recycled Dog Food Bag Tote

Love this. I am going to have to try it out thanks:)

By tinkluvspan

Craft: Recycled Dog Food Bag Tote

You could sell these to pet shops. They are adorable! I think they would sell very well!

By RobinLynn

Craft: Recycled Dog Food Bag Tote

This is a great idea! Not only thrifty but ecological, too!

By Deeli

Craft: Recycled Dog Food Bag Tote

This is a fabulous idea!! I am so going to make one of these I have two dogs and they eat the same dog food lol and I have cats the bags they use for the food are so sturdy and I hate throwing them away good idea!

By amberina

Craft: Recycled Dog Food Bag Tote

You can use this even if you don't sew. I just turned over a 2" edge and glued down each layer. I used the old "peg" style clothespins (not the kind that you pinch open) to hold the edge down. I let it dry for 24 hrs. Then I used an ice pick to punch a pair of holes on each side (about 8" apart) and used a screw driver to widen the holes. Put macrame or clothesline cord through the holes and tie together on the inside. One cord for each side. I used 18" of cord for each side. Works great.

By Osa

Craft: Recycled Dog Food Bag Tote

Excellent idea! I am going to save my next one and do just that!

By Elaine

Craft: Recycled Dog Food Bag Tote

I love this idea. I have cats and will be trying it with the next bag when empty.Thanks for the idea.

By Susan

Craft: Recycled Dog Food Bag Tote

Lovely idea! I'll have to give this a try

By teely68

Craft: Recycled Dog Food Bag Tote

Cool idea I have a cat and will be doing this as soon as the bag is empty. Thank you(b)(/b)

By Craftslady2008

Craft: Recycled Dog Food Bag Tote

Wow. That is the coolest idea. My "grandpuppy", Bogie, eats a lot, so I will be making several of these. What a conversation piece. thanks.

By Bonnie.

Laptop bag made from several pairs of jeans with a crocheted handle.
Making a Laptop Bag from Jeans
Jeans purse. Making a bootie bag from jeans.
Making a Bootie Bag from Jeans
Recycle Tote Bag
Decorating Tote Bags
Working on a Crocheted Tote Bag
Making a Crocheted Tote Bag
🎄
🍂