How to Make a Pillow from Tote Bag

Category Home Decor
Tote bags are available in many cute patterns. If you see one that you particularly like consider making it into a pillow. This is a page about how to make a pillow from a tote bag.

I picked up this tote at the dollar store because it fit in with my country living room, but I wasn't sure what I'd use it for. Then it occurred to me that it would make a perfect sofa pillow. So I re-used filling from an old pillow and whipstiched the opening. I even tucked in the straps so I can re-use it as a "green" grocery bag when I get tired of the pillow. Total cost: $1! You can find totes for even less at garage sales and thrift stores.

Approximate Time: 15 minutes

Instructions:

1. Turn straps inside* and fold over 1/2-inch seam allowance.
  2. Attach Velcro now if you are using it.
  3. Carefully fill tote bag.
  4. Close opening with Velcro or whipstich it with coordinating thread.
  5. Add buttons or other embellishments, such as scrapbook charms, as desired.
*If you are making this for a small child, please cut off the straps just to be on the safe side.

By Cindy from Waynesburg, PA

Crafts Home DecorJune 5, 2017
😎
🌻
📓
😷
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/How-to-Make-a-Pillow-from-Tote-Bag.html