How to Make a Pillow from Tote Bag
Tote bags are available in many cute patterns. If you see one that you particularly like consider making it into a pillow. This is a page about how to make a pillow from a tote bag.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
I picked up this tote at the dollar store because it fit in with my country living room, but I wasn't sure what I'd use it for. Then it occurred to me that it would make a perfect sofa pillow. So I re-used filling from an old pillow and whipstiched the opening. I even tucked in the straps so I can re-use it as a "green" grocery bag when I get tired of the pillow. Total cost: $1! You can find totes for even less at garage sales and thrift stores.
Approximate Time: 15 minutes
- tote bag to match your decor (mine was 14 x 16 inches)
- Velcro sticky-back tape (OR needle and thread)
- buttons or other embellishments, optional
- Turn straps inside* and fold over 1/2-inch seam allowance.
- Attach Velcro now if you are using it.
- Carefully fill tote bag.
- Close opening with Velcro or whipstich it with coordinating thread.
- Add buttons or other embellishments, such as scrapbook charms, as desired.
*If you are making this for a small child, please cut off the straps just to be on the safe side.
By Cindy from Waynesburg, PA
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.