Craft Uses for Costume Jewelry

Old costume jewelry is a perfect crafting item and can be use in making and embellishing many craft projects. This is a guide about craft uses for costume jewelry.

Costume Jewelry
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

Is this a Christmas tree kit? I got it at a sale a long time ago. No one seems to know what I have, but I just came across your site! Maybe you have the answer. Thanks!

By Suzanne from Lafontaine, IN

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I bought costume jewelery in bulk off Ebay and designed and made my own Christmas trees. I have 3 of them. This was popular back in the 30's and 40's. I don't know if there are kits but I think a persons own imagination, a velvet backed picture frame or shadow box, and some junk jewelery makes it good to go. You can even drill holes in the backing and add some Christmas lights through the back, I use battery operated ones.

Read More Answers...

I am looking to make ornaments from costume jewelry and want to use deco wire for some glam effect. What gauge will bend easily and still retain shape? I don't want to buy a bunch of wire I won't use because it won't hold up in storage, and it will need to be thin enough to sandwich between the jewelry pieces.

Dede from Macon, MO

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

You would no doubt need the small stuff they bind flowers with. Your local craft shop can tell you, or Google jewelry wire and see what they think.

You can also E-6000 the mismatched pieces to photo and mirror frames for a wonderful effect!

If you make some, take some nice photos and share!

Read More Answers...

The fashion now in jewelry is to have multiple charms on a pendant. So, I used a stray silver earring with what looks like a turquoise head to bend the wire and put on a tiny silver medal that I had been given. Then I added it on the chain I had with another stray medallion, making a loop out of part of a paper clip! Then I attached all this to a silver-colored chain necklace I had, which had a silver-colored heart on it. Now I have a trendy, updated piece to wear. Cost= NADA!

By pamphyila from Los Angeles, CA

CommentMoreRead More...Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes

As I went through my boxes (I'm a pack rat), I stumbled upon some of my old costume jewelry. Unfortunately, maybe fortunately, I found stud earrings with one missing.

I am storing these "gems" in one of my hubby's old medicine bottles for embellishments to decorate greeting cards, altered books, etc. Once I push it in place I bend the end back, and cover it with tape or stickers.

By Antaria from Chino Valley, AZ

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Shadowboxes can be purchased at craft stores, like Michael's. Attach your pretty vintage costume jewelry to the backer board and display it on the wall so you can enjoy it!

By Syd

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Crafts MiscellaneousApril 21, 2013
Illustration of two kids in costumes.  A witch and a pirate.
Making a Phantom Of The Opera Costume
Making a Batgirl Costume
Boy Behind Fence in Convict Costume
Making a Convict Costume
Costume Jewelry Christmas Tree
Making a Costume Jewelry Christmas Tree
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on April 29, 2016 at 7:06:43 AM on 10.0.0.156 in 453 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.