Craft Uses for Costume Jewelry

Category Miscellaneous
Old costume jewelry is a perfect crafting item and can be use in making and embellishing many craft projects. This is a guide about craft uses for costume jewelry.

The fashion now in jewelry is to have multiple charms on a pendant. So, I used a stray silver earring with what looks like a turquoise head to bend the wire and put on a tiny silver medal that I had been given. Then I added it on the chain I had with another stray medallion, making a loop out of part of a paper clip! Then I attached all this to a silver-colored chain necklace I had, which had a silver-colored heart on it. Now I have a trendy, updated piece to wear. Cost= NADA!

By pamphyila from Los Angeles, CA

Very cool. I lost a lot of weight and my rings kept spinning on my fingers. So, I found some chain I liked, some clips in the jewelry finding area and made this.

I get compliments every where I go when I wear it. PBP

As I went through my boxes (I'm a pack rat), I stumbled upon some of my old costume jewelry. Unfortunately, maybe fortunately, I found stud earrings with one missing.

I am storing these "gems" in one of my hubby's old medicine bottles for embellishments to decorate greeting cards, altered books, etc. Once I push it in place I bend the end back, and cover it with tape or stickers.

By Antaria from Chino Valley, AZ

Making a Costume Jewelry Christmas Tree

CommentPin It! Was this helpful? 2

Perhaps you have seen one of these at a craft show, but it was too costly. You can make your own Christmas tree wall hanging, using your old costume jewelry or pieces from yard sales and thrifty stores. This is a guide about making a costume jewelry Christmas tree.

I am looking to make ornaments from costume jewelry and want to use deco wire for some glam effect. What gauge will bend easily and still retain shape? I don't want to buy a bunch of wire I won't use because it won't hold up in storage, and it will need to be thin enough to sandwich between the jewelry pieces.

Dede from Macon, MO

Best Answer

You would no doubt need the small stuff they bind flowers with. Your local craft shop can tell you, or Google jewelry wire and see what they think.

You can also E-6000 the mismatched pieces to photo and mirror frames for a wonderful effect!

If you make some, take some nice photos and share!

Choose a heavy board, 10x13 or preferrably larger. Drill holes for Christmas lights to poke through, in the shape of a Christmas tree. Hot glue jewelry pieces to decorate tree. Beautiful result!

If the feedback you get isn't sufficient, try out www.craftster.org It is a great crafting site and has lots of helpful forums where you can get feedback, ideas, etc. Good luck.