Share Crafts

Craft Uses for Costume Jewelry

Costume Jewelry

Old costume jewelry is a perfect crafting item and can be use in making and embellishing many craft projects. This is a guide about craft uses for costume jewelry.

Solutions: Craft Uses for Costume Jewelry

Read and rate the best solutions below by giving them a "thumbs up".

Tip: Old Costume Jewelry for Greeting Card Embellishments

As I went through my boxes (I'm a pack rat), I stumbled upon some of my old costume jewelry. Unfortunately, maybe fortunately, I found stud earrings with one missing.

I am storing these "gems" in one of my hubby's old medicine bottles for embellishments to decorate greeting cards, altered books, etc. Once I push it in place I bend the end back, and cover it with tape or stickers.

By Antaria from Chino Valley, AZ

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

Tip: Use Stray Earrings As Charms

The fashion now in jewelry is to have multiple charms on a pendant. So, I used a stray silver earring with what looks like a turquoise head to bend the wire and put on a tiny silver medal that I had been given. Then I added it on the chain I had with another stray medallion, making a loop out of part of a paper clip! Then I attached all this to a silver-colored chain necklace I had, which had a silver-colored heart on it. Now I have a trendy, updated piece to wear. Cost= NADA!

By pamphyila from Los Angeles, CA

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

Tip: Display Vintage Costume Jewelry

Shadowboxes can be purchased at craft stores, like Michael's. Attach your pretty vintage costume jewelry to the backer board and display it on the wall so you can enjoy it!

By Syd

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

Give a "thumbs up" to the solution that worked the best! Do you have a better solution? Click here to share it!

Here are questions related to Craft Uses for Costume Jewelry.

Question: Making Ornaments from Costume Jewelry

I am looking to make ornaments from costume jewelry and want to use deco wire for some glam effect. What gauge will bend easily and still retain shape? I don't want to buy a bunch of wire I won't use because it won't hold up in storage, and it will need to be thin enough to sandwich between the jewelry pieces.

Dede from Macon, MO

AnswerWas this interesting? Yes No

Best Answer

By Sandi/Poor But Proud 449 2,075 12/20/2008

You would no doubt need the small stuff they bind flowers with. Your local craft shop can tell you, or Google jewelry wire and see what they think.

You can also E-6000 the mismatched pieces to photo and mirror frames for a wonderful effect!

If you make some, take some nice photos and share!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

Question: Costume Jewelry Christmas Wall Hanging

Is this a Christmas tree kit? I got it at a sale a long time ago. No one seems to know what I have, but I just came across your site! Maybe you have the answer. Thanks!

AnswerWas this interesting? Yes No