Crayon Stains on Clothing

My son had a blue crayon in his pocket. I washed it and dried it. Now I have blue clothes and a the inside of the drier is blue? How do I get it out?

P.L. from Muscotah, KS

Answers:

Crayon Stains on Clothing

GooGone works wonders! (05/17/2006)

By Julie.

Crayon Stains on Clothing

We got the orange crayon out of the whole load of laundry I used about 2 tbsp of Orange hand cleaner (degreaser) also added just a little Shout and laundry detergent (Purex with bleach alt. Mountain Spring) Washed the load in hot water and was amazed all of the crayon was gone!! Thanks for the tips and I hope this helps others with the same problem. So when life hands you lemons just make lemonade smile. (07/17/2006)

By Patty from NC

Crayon Stains on Clothing

I was freaking out cause crayon got mixed in with all my favourite clothes, but i sprayed generous amount of shout on the spots and scrubed a little bit and it all came out! I'm still working on the white shirts but surprisingly hairspray is a miracle worker too it takes out VERY set grease stains as well as crayon off my white bra. (10/07/2006)

By Tara

Crayon Stains on Clothing

When this happened to me, I freaked out! I hate for my three year old to get food on her clothes, let alone have crayons in her pocket! When I opened the dryer ALL of her clothes were red! Red crayon was everywhere! I went to Food Lion and bought 3 things. I bought Zout, Clorox OxyClean and Wisk with colorsafe bleach. I sprayed the clothes with Zout and then poured some of the Clorox Oxyclean and Wisk in the laundry. When we took the clothes out they were spotless! Even stains that had been there before the crayon were gone! Try it! It worked for me! (11/12/2006)

By Kim in Carolina

Crayon Stains on Clothing

I am so happy to report that MY red crayon disaster is resolved. My dryer and a load of clothes had red splotches everywhere. I used a remedy similar to Kim's of Carolina and I am amazed at the results. I actually had my clothes in the garbage they were so bad. I bought Zout, OxyClean Stain Fighter and Wisk dual action. I kind of did an experiment because it would be too time-consuming to spray every item with Zout, I used it with only the most important items, but everything got equally clean. I used hot water and let the clothes soak for a while with the washer door open and used the heavy duty cycle to wash. The dryer came clean very well with regular Colgate toothpaste. I think the hot water and Oxy Clean were the most important things that got the clothes clean. Hopefully this will help someone else. I am very thankful!!! (11/19/2006)

By Molly of Florida

Crayon Stains on Clothing

As of 10 minutes ago... I totally concur on the soaking in oxyclean and hot water with a shot of Zout on any remaining tough spots then rewashing the "Zouted" items as normal. I just saved a whole load of light colored jeans from a green crayon disaster. This was the easiest and most efficient method-- THANKS! (11/25/2006)

By Gayle

Crayons partially melted on white surface
Cleaning Crayon Stains on Clothing
Removing Melted Crayon from Dried Clothes, Man removing clothes from the dryer.
Cleaning Melted Crayon from Dried Clothes
Girl drawing with crayons on microfiber.
Removing Crayon From Microfiber
Making Crayon Rolls
Making Crayon Rolls
Picture of crayon stains on a dryer door.
Cleaning Crayon Out of a Dryer
🎉
🎄