Removing Crayon From Walls

Use toothpaste to remove crayon from surfaces/walls. Rub in and wipe off! My toddler colored on my living room wall one day (just left the room for a second!) with non-washable crayon. The bright orange picture he drew came off instantly with toothpaste (use paste not gel)! Also works on other surfaces such as tables and floors. Toothpaste also works well for various other marks/messes (i.e. scuffs on the floor and cooked on messes on flat stove tops).

By April

14 More Solutions

Good way to get crayon marks off of walls is to take your hair dryer and hold the heat on the crayon for a couple of minutes. It will start to melt the crayon. Then take a rag with warm water and it will wipe off.

I have a little girl who loves to write, draw, and color on our walls. I mean from big to small drawings, she colors the wall as if it is a big coloring book! Crayons are her life, she always had some in every corner of our house and has some hiding in her pocket!

Removing Crayon Drawings from Your Wall - using hair dryer on drawings

I swear by Mr. Clean magic erasers. My daughter took a red crayon to the wall and the white brick by the fire place. Eraser took it right off!

I use a hot iron and a paper towel. First put the towel on the crayon marks and iron over the mark until it is gone and there is no more wax on the wall.

How do you get glue and crayon marks of every color off?

By terri from Adel, GA

Answers

I saw a designer on HGTV use white toothpaste (not gel) and a damp sponge.

Try those magic erasers. They work great. The glue may be a bit tricky, maybe the glue remover for stripping wallpaper would work.

If your paint is washable, use a lot of soapy water and elbow grease!

Try WD40 on the crayon. Then wash it off the wall. What type of glue is it? If it is watersoluable glue, you may be able to just wash it off, but if it is white glue, you may have to live with it, or sand and patch.

Answer this Question

How do you remove ink and crayon from walls?

By Randa Wagner from San Marcos, TX

Answers

I swear by mr clean magic erasers. My daughter took a red crayon to the wall and the white brick by the fire place. Eraser took it right off! Hope that helps!

Heres a great website called: "21 ways to remove crayon from walls"
tipnut.com/.../

They recommend some unusual things like: Shaving Cream, Baby Oil, Nonstick Cooking Spray & Baby Wipes& a Blowdryer, just to name a few..

* I would add FingerNail Polish Remover & "Goop" (hand cleaner) to their list.

Note: If you clean the crayon off with WD-40,
use "GOOP" to remove the WD-40 as it's made to remove oil & grease.

I use a hot iron and a paper towel, using the towel, iron over the mark until it is gone and there is no more wax on the wall.

Answer this Question

How can I erase crayon on a semi-gloss latex finish? My 2 year old grandson just tried to make "art" on the wall.

How do I get crayon off of the wall?

How do I remove crayon from my flat painted walls?

How do you get crayons off walls?

My 2 yr old put markers and crayons everywhere threw my apartment and I have to get them off any suggestions?

A damp cloth with baking soda will take crayon off your walls. Don't rub hard! Just rub gently and firmly until the stain comes off.

Soften the crayon by blowing hot air on it with a hair dryer, then wipe with a clean cloth with a little baby oil on it. Works great!

Home and Garden Cleaning WallsAugust 16, 2011
😷
🎃
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Removing-Crayon-From-Walls-1.html