Browsing: Crochet Hat Patterns

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Crochet Hat Patterns

Making your own crochet hat allows you to choose from a multitude of patterns. This is a guide about crochet hat patterns.

Crochet Hat Patterns
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

May 2, 2011 Flag

Crochet hat with brim.Crocheted rolled brim hat for an adult.

Approximate Time: less than 2 hours

Instructions:

Size: women's 22 inches, (women's large - 24 inches)

Gauge: 14 dc = 4 inches

1. Rnd 1: Ch 4 and join with a slip stitch in first ch to form ring. Ch2 (do not count as first dc from now on) 12 dc in ring. Join in first dc. (12 dc)

2. Rnd 2: Ch 2, 2 dc in each st, join in first dc. (24 dc)

3. Rnd 3: Ch 2, (dc in next st, 2 dc in next st) repeat around. Join in first dc. (36 dc)

4. Rnd 4: Ch 2, (dc in next 2 st, 2 dc in next) repeat around. Join in first dc. (48 dc)

5. Rnd 5: Ch2, (dc in 3 st, 2 dc in next) repeat around. Join in first dc. (60 dc)

6. Rnd 6: Ch 2, (dc in 9 sts, 2 dc in next) repeat around. Join in first dc. (66 dc)

7. For women's large hat do one more round of increases increasing in every 11th stitch (72 dc)

8. Rnd 7-8 [8-9]: Ch 1, sc in each st around. Join in first sc. (66, 72 sc)

9. Rnd 9 [10]: Ch 2, dc in each st around. Join in first dc. (66, 72 dc)

10. Rnd 10-11 [11-12]: Ch 1, sc in each st around. Join in first sc. (66, 72 sc)

11. Rnd 12 [13]: Ch 2, dc in each st around. Join in first dc. (66, 72 dc)

12. For band work rounds 13-15 [14-16] with contrasting yarn.

13. Rnd 13-15 [14-16]: Ch 1, sc in each st around. Join in first sc (66, 72 sc)

14. Rnd 16 [17]: Ch 1, (sc in 5 sts, 2 sc in next st) repeat around. Join in first sc. (77, 84 sc)

15. Rnd 17 [18]: Ch 1, sc in each st around. Join in first sc. (77, 84 sc)

16. Rnd 18 [19]: Ch 1, (sc in 6 st, 2 sc in next st) repeat around. Join in first sc. (88, 96 sc)

17. Rnd 19 [20]: Ch 1, sc in each st around. Join in first sc. (88, 96 sc)

18. Rnd 20 [21]: Ch 1, (sc in 7 sts, 2 sc in next st) repeat around. Join in first sc. (99, 108 sc)

19. Rnd 21-26 [22-27]: Ch 1, sc in each st around. Join in first sc. (99, 108 sc)

20. Fasten off and weave in ends.

http://suzies-yarnie-stuff.blogspot.com

By Suzetta from Bellingham, WA

March 10, 2009 Flag

Here is a the crocheted hat I made from a pattern found at: http://suzies-yarnie-stuff.blogspot.com. I like her patterns as they are simple to use and follow as well as a wide range of ideas. This picture is my daughter who loves the hats I make. Have a great week.

crocheted hat

November 7, 2008 Flag

Does anyone have a knitting or crocheting pattern for a man's peaked hat? I don't mean a baseball cap I mean what I might call a bargeman's hat with a peak. I have tried shops and the internet but patterns there tend to be for ladies and I need a man's pattern because my man has a large head!

Mary from UK

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

There are lots of links here:

http://www.crochetandknitting.com/psearch.htm

This looks like it might be big enough.

http://web.archive.org/web/20011030 ... ww.cei.net/~vchisam/groovy/2307.html

Just realised both my posts (Di S) have been added as "Guest" - forgot to sign in !

Read More Answers...

October 31, 2013 Flag

I am fairly new to crocheting and I want to crochet my son a hat that has a 5 point star as the crown of the hat. How do I crochet between the tips of the star?

By Sharon

You could do either of the following:

yarn for the crown=A

yarn between the tips=B

1. after crocheting the first row of the first tip, tie and knot the B onto the yarn of the last stitch of A and make stitch(es) with B. Take up the A and crochet the first row of the next tip. Take up B and so on. For row 2 of the crown tips take up the A crochet the 2nd row of the 1st tip, take up the B yarn to your next tip base. Take up the A yarn and so on, row after row.

Just make sure you know which side will be the outside of cap

2. You could always cut yarn A when you attached yarn B(cut B and knot or tie to A), crochet to next place for next tip. Attach yarn A til you crochet to where you need to attach to yarn B again and so on row after row.

The 2nd idea is more neat because you can get a plastic crochet needle and weave in the ends without them being seen on outside of cap.

December 15, 2011 Flag

I designed this hat to fit on small dolls and teddies, or to use as ornaments, pins, barrettes, or for wall hangings. You get directions for one, but can make all, the size you want. Mini Hat Ornament

Approximate Time: 20-30 minutes with embellishments

Instructions:

This hat is smaller when made with one strand, so keep in mind these are both double threads and single yarn.

1. Row 1: Ch 2, make 7 sc in 1st ch from hook, for 8. Join.

2. Row 2: Ch 1, make 2nd st. in same st., then 1 in next around for 12. Join. Hat Ornaments Step 1

3. Row 3: Ch 1, make 1 sc in next st, then 2 in 3rd for 16 around. Join.

4. Row 4: Ch 3, make 2 more DC's in next 2 st. Skip 1, but ch. 2. Make 3 more around for 4. Join. Hat Ornaments Step 2

5. Row 5: Ch 4, skip 1, make slst in 2nd st for first loop, then repeat around for 8 loops. Join.

6. Row 6: Make 1 sc, 3 HD, 1 sc in each loop around. Join and break off. Hat Ornaments Step 3

7. I measure fingertip to shoulder, then just loop and measure again back to the end. This is for thread work. I just use regular yarn for the larger. You can make a single strand that is about 1.5 inch in diameter if you want. To make it larger work the pattern with jute, rug yarn, etc.

8. Once the hat is done, you can embellish with ribbon, pearls, buttons, flowers, or just leave simple for a small doll or teddy bear hat, or a lapel pin.

9. This is a very cute present for teachers, co-workers, that neighbor that always feeds your pets when you are gone, or to keep yourself.

I hope you N-JOY!

By Sandi from Salem , OR Hat Ornaments in 3 sizes

November 28, 2012 Flag

In the late 1970s, probably '75 or '76, I made a crocheted hat from a pattern on the wrap strip of Aunt Lydia's Rug Yarn. I think it may have been called a "cloche", but none of the patterns I find on-line are quite the same.

The pattern used 2 different colors of yarn and I would like to find it to make again. It was a style that really suited my face. In the intervening years, and many moves, the original hat I made is long gone. Anyone out there have old wrap sleeves from Aunt Lydia's yarn that might be able to help me?

By Melody B-H from Oak Ridge, TN

I'm looking for that pattern too! And you're correct, they called it a "cloche". I do hope we can locate it.

December 30, 2009 Flag

Does anyone know where I can get a pattern for a child"s crocheted hat?

By Florence from Crestwood, KY

I love this website.

http://www.crochetpatterncentral.com/directory.php

Here's a link to Lion Brand yarn and their free crochet patterns:

http://cache.lionbrand.com/freePatterns.html

November 27, 2006 Flag

I am looking for crochet pattern for adolescent girl's hats.

Kookiep from Old Bridge, NJ

Check out the companies who sell yarn goods? www.bernat.com, www.thecatsmeowyarns.com and the like. Also go to www.google.com and enter the search words, "free crochet patterns hats."

Good luck!

Cheers,

Rose Anne

Check out www.crochetpatterncentral.com

I find lots of patterns there.

April 23, 2009 Flag

I am looking for a free easy crochet pattern for a tam hat with a picture.

By Joe K from Pittsburgh, PA

Here is one:

http://www.planetshoup.com/easy/crochet/tamrasta.shtml

Load More
Crafts Crochet HatsNovember 28, 2012
Crochet Hook
Adapting Crochet Patterns For Dollhouses
Free Crochet Pattern
Finding Free Crochet Patterns
Crocheted Winter Hat
Making a Crocheted Winter Hat
A person crocheting a pink baby blanket.
Finding Time to Crochet
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 21, 2016 at 8:30:33 PM on 10.0.0.77 in 5 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.