Finding Crochet Hat Patterns

Making your own crochet hat allows you to choose from a multitude of patterns. This is a guide about finding crochet hat patterns.

April 17, 2014 Flag

This is a guide about making crochet hats. Crochet is a fun and easy way to make an array of hats, that are fun, whimsical, practical, and best of all made by you.

Crochet Hats

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

January 4, 2017 Flag

This is a guide about making mini crochet hats. If you can crochet, a fun project is making small hats for dolls and teddy bears.

Mini Hat Ornament

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

November 7, 2008 Flag

Does anyone have a knitting or crocheting pattern for a man's peaked hat? I don't mean a baseball cap I mean what I might call a bargeman's hat with a peak. I have tried shops and the internet but patterns there tend to be for ladies and I need a man's pattern because my man has a large head!

Mary from UK

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I was able to find quite a few free patterns, both knitting and crochet, by "googling" watch cap patterns, or free crochet watch cap patterns... Good luck!

There are lots of links here:

http://www.croc  .com/psearch.htm

This looks like it might be big enough.

http://web.arch  groovy/2307.html

September 25, 2004 Flag

Hi! I have been looking on the internet for a pattern for a CROCHETED cat hat (basically a hat with little ears). Knitting patterns abound for this hat, but alas, not for crocheted versions. Does anyone know of one?

Thanks!

Aline in VA

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I have been looking for a hat like the cat in the hat wears thank you

http://web.arch  s/3719/pat6.html

Michele's "Cat in the Hat" Hat

Pattern By: Michele

Materials:

Crochet hook size H (This fits a 10 year old boy, use a smaller hook for a smaller sized child)

Roughly 4 oz of Red and 4 oz of White worsted weight yarn (I used cotton)

30 inches of boning (from the fabric store, dritz has a package of 2 yards for $2.29)

Directions:

Rnd 1: With Red, ch 4, sl st in first ch to form ring, ch 3, 11 dc in ring, join with sl st in top of ch 3. (12 dc)

Rnd 2: Ch 3, dc in same st, 2 dc in each st around, join with sl st in top of ch 3. (24 dc)

Rnd 3: Ch 3, dc in same st, * dc in next st, 2dc in next stich * around, join with sl st in top of ch 3. (36 dc)

Rnd 4: Ch 3, dc in same st, * dc in next 2 st, 2 dc in next stitch * around, join with sl st in top of ch 3. (48 dc)

Rnd 5: Ch 3, dc in same st, * dc in next 3 st, 2 dc in next stitch * around, join with sl st in top of ch 3. (60 dc)

Rnd 6: Ch 2, Hdc around, join with sl st in top of ch 2. (60 hdc) Rnd 7-9: Ch 3, dc around, join with sl st in top of ch 3. (60 dc)

Rnd 10-13: Change to Red yarn. Ch 3, dc around, join with sl st in top of ch 3. (60 dc)

Rnd 14-17: Change to white yarn. Ch 3, dc around, join with sl st in top of ch 3. (60 dc)

Rnd 18-21: Change to Red yarn. Ch 3, dc around, join with sl st in top of ch 3. (60 dc)

Rnd 22: Change to white yarn. Ch 3, 2 dc in each dc around, join with sl st in top of ch 3. (120 dc)

Rnd 23: Ch 3, dc around, join with sl st in top of ch 3. (120 dc)

Prepare boning by sewing the boning into a circle... I ended up cutting part of the casing off and then stuffing the plastic boning further into the opposite casing before sewing. This seemed to secure it better.

http://web.arch  s/3719/pat6.html

October 31, 2013 Flag

I am fairly new to crocheting and I want to crochet my son a hat that has a 5 point star as the crown of the hat. How do I crochet between the tips of the star?

By Sharon

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

You could do either of the following:

yarn for the crown=A

yarn between the tips=B

1. after crocheting the first row of the first tip, tie and knot the B onto the yarn of the last stitch of A and make stitch(es) with B. Take up the A and crochet the first row of the next tip. Take up B and so on. For row 2 of the crown tips take up the A crochet the 2nd row of the 1st tip, take up the B yarn to your next tip base. Take up the A yarn and so on, row after row.

Just make sure you know which side will be the outside of cap

2. You could always cut yarn A when you attached yarn B(cut B and knot or tie to A), crochet to next place for next tip. Attach yarn A til you crochet to where you need to attach to yarn B again and so on row after row.

The 2nd idea is more neat because you can get a plastic crochet needle and weave in the ends without them being seen on outside of cap.

October 19, 2015 Flag

How do I make a crochet beret?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

November 28, 2012 Flag

In the late 1970s, probably '75 or '76, I made a crocheted hat from a pattern on the wrap strip of Aunt Lydia's Rug Yarn. I think it may have been called a "cloche", but none of the patterns I find on-line are quite the same.

The pattern used 2 different colors of yarn and I would like to find it to make again. It was a style that really suited my face. In the intervening years, and many moves, the original hat I made is long gone. Anyone out there have old wrap sleeves from Aunt Lydia's yarn that might be able to help me?

By Melody B-H from Oak Ridge, TN

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I'm looking for that pattern too! And you're correct, they called it a "cloche". I do hope we can locate it.

December 30, 2009 Flag

Does anyone know where I can get a pattern for a child"s crocheted hat?

By Florence from Crestwood, KY

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I love this website.

http://www.croc … om/directory.php

Here's a link to Lion Brand yarn and their free crochet patterns:

http://cache.li … reePatterns.html

November 27, 2006 Flag

I am looking for crochet pattern for adolescent girl's hats.

Kookiep from Old Bridge, NJ

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Check out the companies who sell yarn goods? www.bernat.com, www.thecatsmeowyarns.com and the like. Also go to www.google.com and enter the search words, "free crochet patterns hats."

Good luck!

Cheers,

Rose Anne

Check out www.crochetpatterncentral.com

I find lots of patterns there.

April 23, 2009 Flag

I am looking for a free easy crochet pattern for a tam hat with a picture.

By Joe K from Pittsburgh, PA

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Here is one:

http://www.plan … t/tamrasta.shtml

October 15, 2013 Flag

I crocheted a toddler girl's hat in 1981 or 82. It was a hat with a girl's face on the back so when she had it on it looked like she was facing you. It had hair around the face of it and a 4 inch wide band across the top of the head and ties that tied under the chin. Please can anyone help me find it?

By Cathy B.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

February 2, 2006 Flag

I would like a pattern for crochet hats using plastic store bags to make the "yarn". I would like an adult size.

The Crochet Lady from Orlando, FL

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Crochet Lady:

Check the About.com site. I remember seeing this. I don't crochet, but it looked like fun. Good Luck.....

March 22, 2010 Flag

I am looking for a crochet baby cowboy hat, please and thank you.

By Roe from Whitney Point, NY

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

March 22, 2010 Flag

Does anyone have a crochet pattern for an infant or child size cowboy hat?

By Donna from Dallas, TX

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

January 26, 2010 Flag

Does anyone know where I can find a crochet pattern for an infant/child's cowboy hat?

Sandra from Goldendale, WA

Answers:

Crochet Pattern For Infant's Cowboy Hat

I found a crochet book with so many cute patterns for babies. It is "Too Cute Crochet for Babies and Toddlers". It has hats (the one you mentioned), scarves, mittens, and boots. It is so very cute. I got it from the library. Hope this helps you. Good luck in your search. (04/01/2008)

By Darlene

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Crafts Crochet HatsNovember 28, 2012
Crochet Hats
Making Crochet Hats
Mini Hat Ornament
Making Mini Crochet Hats
Crocheted Winter Hat
Making a Crocheted Winter Hat
A person crocheting a pink baby blanket.
Finding Time to Crochet
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 8:43:56 PM on 10.0.0.57 in 4 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.