Crochet Hat Patterns

Making your own crochet hat allows you to choose from a multitude of patterns. This is a guide about crochet hat patterns.

Crochet Hat Patterns
Filter Sort

Easy Breezy Crochet Newborn Hat

By melissa 275 423

Any little one would look like the princess she deserves to be in this hat! In an hour or less, with minimal crochet skills and a tiny amount of yarn, you will have made a keepsake for years to come.
You may leave the hat plain, or add a flower. Personally, I think big blooms on tiny melons rock!:)
I have used Caron Simply Soft yarn. It is slightly thinner than your typical #4, also very soft.
What a special baby shower gift this would make. It will also cost you next to nothing. Enjoy.

Approximate Time: Hour or less

Yield: As many as you likefinished infant hat

• "h" crochet hook
  • tiny amounts Caron Simply Soft worsted weight #4 yarn
  • scissors
  • embroidery needle to weave in ends

1. Chain 5, join to first chain to make a circle.
  2. step 1
  3. Chain 3, 13 double crochet in ring. Join to top of chain 3. 14 dc
  4. step 2
  5. Chain 3, double crochet in same space as chain 3. 2 double crochet in each stitch around, join to first chain 3. 28 dc
  6. step 3
  7. Chain 3, double crochet in same space as chain 3. *1 double crochet in next stitch, 2 double crochet in next stitch.* Repeat steps between * till end. Join to chain 3. 42 dc
  8. step 4
  9. Chain 3, 1 double crochet in NEXT stitch and each till end. Join to beginning chain 3. 42dc
  10. step 5
  11. Repeat last step 5 more times.
  12. step 6
  13. Chain 1, make a single crochet in the NEXT stitch and each around. Join to first single crochet. (You are not making your first sc in the chain space in order to "skip" a stitch and make the circumference a bit smaller.)
  14. step 7
  15. Repeat last row 1 time. Finish off and weave in ends.
  16. step 8
  17. You may leave as is or add your flower of choice. :) The flower I used is "Sweet Pea".
  18. step 9
  19. Enjoy!
  20. step 10

Source: Self

Click here to see Sweet Pea Flower project.

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Rolled Brim Hat

Crochet hat with brim.Crocheted rolled brim hat for an adult.

Approximate Time: less than 2 hours

• worsted weight yarn about 2.5-3.5 ounces
  • I (5.5 mm) crochet hook
  • tapestry needle

Instructions:

Size: women's 22 inches, (women's large - 24 inches)

Gauge: 14 dc = 4 inches

1. Rnd 1: Ch 4 and join with a slip stitch in first ch to form ring. Ch2 (do not count as first dc from now on) 12 dc in ring. Join in first dc. (12 dc)

2. Rnd 2: Ch 2, 2 dc in each st, join in first dc. (24 dc)

3. Rnd 3: Ch 2, (dc in next st, 2 dc in next st) repeat around. Join in first dc. (36 dc)

4. Rnd 4: Ch 2, (dc in next 2 st, 2 dc in next) repeat around. Join in first dc. (48 dc)

5. Rnd 5: Ch2, (dc in 3 st, 2 dc in next) repeat around. Join in first dc. (60 dc)

6. Rnd 6: Ch 2, (dc in 9 sts, 2 dc in next) repeat around. Join in first dc. (66 dc)

7. For women's large hat do one more round of increases increasing in every 11th stitch (72 dc)

8. Rnd 7-8 [8-9]: Ch 1, sc in each st around. Join in first sc. (66, 72 sc)

9. Rnd 9 [10]: Ch 2, dc in each st around. Join in first dc. (66, 72 dc)

10. Rnd 10-11 [11-12]: Ch 1, sc in each st around. Join in first sc. (66, 72 sc)

11. Rnd 12 [13]: Ch 2, dc in each st around. Join in first dc. (66, 72 dc)

12. For band work rounds 13-15 [14-16] with contrasting yarn.

13. Rnd 13-15 [14-16]: Ch 1, sc in each st around. Join in first sc (66, 72 sc)

14. Rnd 16 [17]: Ch 1, (sc in 5 sts, 2 sc in next st) repeat around. Join in first sc. (77, 84 sc)

15. Rnd 17 [18]: Ch 1, sc in each st around. Join in first sc. (77, 84 sc)

16. Rnd 18 [19]: Ch 1, (sc in 6 st, 2 sc in next st) repeat around. Join in first sc. (88, 96 sc)

17. Rnd 19 [20]: Ch 1, sc in each st around. Join in first sc. (88, 96 sc)

18. Rnd 20 [21]: Ch 1, (sc in 7 sts, 2 sc in next st) repeat around. Join in first sc. (99, 108 sc)

19. Rnd 21-26 [22-27]: Ch 1, sc in each st around. Join in first sc. (99, 108 sc)

20. Fasten off and weave in ends.

http://suzies-yarnie-stuff.blogspot.com

By Suzetta from Bellingham, WA

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Crochet Tulip Cap

Cute hat for spring, a tulip.

Crochet tulip cap.

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Mini, Medi, and Maxi Hats for Ornaments, Dolls and Teddies

By Sandi/Poor But Proud 466 2,132

I designed this hat to fit on small dolls and teddies, or to use as ornaments, pins, barrettes, or for wall hangings. You get directions for one, but can make all, the size you want. Mini Hat Ornament

Approximate Time: 20-30 minutes with embellishments

• cool temp glue gun
  • crochet hook size "E", size "G" and "H" if you go bigger
  • 12 yards double strand thread.
    Less for tinier hat, more for larger. I would not cut until you are done unless you need to mix colors.
  • roses, ribbons, buttons, pearls, beads, feathers, and more
  • scissors

Instructions:

This hat is smaller when made with one strand, so keep in mind these are both double threads and single yarn.

1. Row 1: Ch 2, make 7 sc in 1st ch from hook, for 8. Join.

2. Row 2: Ch 1, make 2nd st. in same st., then 1 in next around for 12. Join. Hat Ornaments Step 1

3. Row 3: Ch 1, make 1 sc in next st, then 2 in 3rd for 16 around. Join.

4. Row 4: Ch 3, make 2 more DC's in next 2 st. Skip 1, but ch. 2. Make 3 more around for 4. Join. Hat Ornaments Step 2

5. Row 5: Ch 4, skip 1, make slst in 2nd st for first loop, then repeat around for 8 loops. Join.

6. Row 6: Make 1 sc, 3 HD, 1 sc in each loop around. Join and break off. Hat Ornaments Step 3

7. I measure fingertip to shoulder, then just loop and measure again back to the end. This is for thread work. I just use regular yarn for the larger. You can make a single strand that is about 1.5 inch in diameter if you want. To make it larger work the pattern with jute, rug yarn, etc.

8. Once the hat is done, you can embellish with ribbon, pearls, buttons, flowers, or just leave simple for a small doll or teddy bear hat, or a lapel pin.

9. This is a very cute present for teachers, co-workers, that neighbor that always feeds your pets when you are gone, or to keep yourself.

I hope you N-JOY!

By Sandi from Salem , OR Hat Ornaments in 3 sizes

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Crocheted Granny Hat

By Lori Cobb 6 23

Here is a the crocheted hat I made from a pattern found at: http://suzies-yarnie-stuff.blogspot.com. I like her patterns as they are simple to use and follow as well as a wide range of ideas. This picture is my daughter who loves the hats I make. Have a great week.

crocheted hat

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Crocheted Men's Peaked Hat Pattern

By Mary 11 5

Does anyone have a knitting or crocheting pattern for a man's peaked hat? I don't mean a baseball cap I mean what I might call a bargeman's hat with a peak. I have tried shops and the internet but patterns there tend to be for ladies and I need a man's pattern because my man has a large head!

Mary from UK

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Diane Sturgess 2 55 Flag

Just realised both my posts (Di S) have been added as "Guest" - forgot to sign in !

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Crocheted Cat Hat Pattern

By aline 1 2

Hi! I have been looking on the internet for a pattern for a CROCHETED cat hat (basically a hat with little ears). Knitting patterns abound for this hat, but alas, not for crocheted versions. Does anyone know of one?

Thanks!

Aline in VA

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

Question: Child's Crochet Hat Pattern

By Florence McCloskey 1

Does anyone know where I can get a pattern for a child"s crocheted hat?

By Florence from Crestwood, KY

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Lee Taylor 15 427 Flag

Here's a link to Lion Brand yarn and their free crochet patterns:

http://cache.lionbrand.com/freePatterns.html

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Crochet Pattern for a Girls Hat

I am looking for crochet pattern for adolescent girl's hats.

Kookiep from Old Bridge, NJ

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

Check out www.crochetpatterncentral.com

I find lots of patterns there.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Crocheting a Hat With a Star Crown

I am fairly new to crocheting and I want to crochet my son a hat that has a 5 point star as the crown of the hat. How do I crochet between the tips of the star?

By Sharon

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Julie G. 1 2 Flag

You could do either of the following:

yarn for the crown=A

yarn between the tips=B

1. after crocheting the first row of the first tip, tie and knot the B onto the yarn of the last stitch of A and make stitch(es) with B. Take up the A and crochet the first row of the next tip. Take up B and so on. For row 2 of the crown tips take up the A crochet the 2nd row of the 1st tip, take up the B yarn to your next tip base. Take up the A yarn and so on, row after row.

Just make sure you know which side will be the outside of cap

2. You could always cut yarn A when you attached yarn B(cut B and knot or tie to A), crochet to next place for next tip. Attach yarn A til you crochet to where you need to attach to yarn B again and so on row after row.

The 2nd idea is more neat because you can get a plastic crochet needle and weave in the ends without them being seen on outside of cap.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Crochet Hat Pattern Search

By Melody Bressler-Hay 19 59

In the late 1970s, probably '75 or '76, I made a crocheted hat from a pattern on the wrap strip of Aunt Lydia's Rug Yarn. I think it may have been called a "cloche", but none of the patterns I find on-line are quite the same.

The pattern used 2 different colors of yarn and I would like to find it to make again. It was a style that really suited my face. In the intervening years, and many moves, the original hat I made is long gone. Anyone out there have old wrap sleeves from Aunt Lydia's yarn that might be able to help me?

By Melody B-H from Oak Ridge, TN

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Jana J. 1 Flag

I'm looking for that pattern too! And you're correct, they called it a "cloche". I do hope we can locate it.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Crocheted Tam Hat Pattern

By Joe Krach 1 1

I am looking for a free easy crochet pattern for a tam hat with a picture.

By Joe K from Pittsburgh, PA

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

thr436488 Flag

Here is one:

http://www.planetshoup.com/easy/crochet/tamrasta.shtml

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Video: Crocheted Newborn Hat

This sweet baby hat makes a great gift. Learn how to crochet this hat in this short video. Check out the video for the Sweet Pea Crochet Flower to make this hat extra special.

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Crochet Pattern for Child's Hat With Face on Back

I crocheted a toddler girl's hat in 1981 or 82. It was a hat with a girl's face on the back so when she had it on it looked like she was facing you. It had hair around the face of it and a 4 inch wide band across the top of the head and ties that tied under the chin. Please can anyone help me find it?

By Cathy B.

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Crochet Pattern For Infant's Cowboy Hat

By Roe 1

I am looking for a crochet baby cowboy hat, please and thank you.

By Roe from Whitney Point, NY

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Archive: Crochet Pattern For Infant's Cowboy Hat

Does anyone know where I can find a crochet pattern for an infant/child's cowboy hat?

Sandra from Goldendale, WA

Feedback:

RE: Crochet Pattern For Infant's Cowboy Hat

I found a crochet book with so many cute patterns for babies. It is "Too Cute Crochet for Babies and Toddlers". It has hats (the one you mentioned), scarves, mittens, and boots. It is so very cute. I got it from the library. Hope this helps you. Good luck in your search. (04/01/2008)

By Darlene

Does anyone have a crochet pattern for an infant or child size cowboy hat?

By Donna from Dallas, TX

Crafts Crochet HatsNovember 28, 2012
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Crochet Hook
Adapting Crochet Patterns For Dollhouses
Free Crochet Pattern
Finding Free Crochet Patterns
Crochet for Beginners
Crochet Patterns for Beginners
A person crocheting a pink baby blanket.
Finding Time to Crochet
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 8, 2016 at 11:17:10 AM on 10.0.0.57 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

All ArticlesSolutionsQuestionsPhotosVideosArchives
NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulMost AnswersFewest AnswersBest AnswersRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings