Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Crochet Hat Patterns

0 0EmailFollow
Pin It
Crochet Hat Patterns

Making your own crochet hat allows you to choose from a multitude of patterns. This is a guide about crochet hat patterns.

Solutions: Crochet Hat Patterns

Read and rate the best solutions below by giving them a "thumbs up".

Rolled Brim Hat

Crochet hat with brim.Crocheted rolled brim hat for an adult.

Approximate Time: less than 2 hours

• worsted weight yarn about 2.5-3.5 ounces
  • I (5.5 mm) crochet hook
  • tapestry needle

Instructions:

Size: women's 22 inches, (women's large - 24 inches)

Gauge: 14 dc = 4 inches

1. Rnd 1: Ch 4 and join with a slip stitch in first ch to form ring. Ch2 (do not count as first dc from now on) 12 dc in ring. Join in first dc. (12 dc)

2. Rnd 2: Ch 2, 2 dc in each st, join in first dc. (24 dc)

3. Rnd 3: Ch 2, (dc in next st, 2 dc in next st) repeat around. Join in first dc. (36 dc)

4. Rnd 4: Ch 2, (dc in next 2 st, 2 dc in next) repeat around. Join in first dc. (48 dc)

5. Rnd 5: Ch2, (dc in 3 st, 2 dc in next) repeat around. Join in first dc. (60 dc)

6. Rnd 6: Ch 2, (dc in 9 sts, 2 dc in next) repeat around. Join in first dc. (66 dc)

7. For women's large hat do one more round of increases increasing in every 11th stitch (72 dc)

8. Rnd 7-8 [8-9]: Ch 1, sc in each st around. Join in first sc. (66, 72 sc)

9. Rnd 9 [10]: Ch 2, dc in each st around. Join in first dc. (66, 72 dc)

10. Rnd 10-11 [11-12]: Ch 1, sc in each st around. Join in first sc. (66, 72 sc)

11. Rnd 12 [13]: Ch 2, dc in each st around. Join in first dc. (66, 72 dc)

12. For band work rounds 13-15 [14-16] with contrasting yarn.

13. Rnd 13-15 [14-16]: Ch 1, sc in each st around. Join in first sc (66, 72 sc)

14. Rnd 16 [17]: Ch 1, (sc in 5 sts, 2 sc in next st) repeat around. Join in first sc. (77, 84 sc)

15. Rnd 17 [18]: Ch 1, sc in each st around. Join in first sc. (77, 84 sc)

16. Rnd 18 [19]: Ch 1, (sc in 6 st, 2 sc in next st) repeat around. Join in first sc. (88, 96 sc)

17. Rnd 19 [20]: Ch 1, sc in each st around. Join in first sc. (88, 96 sc)

18. Rnd 20 [21]: Ch 1, (sc in 7 sts, 2 sc in next st) repeat around. Join in first sc. (99, 108 sc)

19. Rnd 21-26 [22-27]: Ch 1, sc in each st around. Join in first sc. (99, 108 sc)

20. Fasten off and weave in ends.

http://suzies-yarnie-stuff.blogspot.com

By Suzetta from Bellingham, WA

Crochet Tulip Cap

Cute hat for spring, a tulip. Crochet tulip cap.

Approximate Time: less than 2 hours

• worsted weight yarn in two colors
  • size G, H, and I crochet hooks
  • yarn needle

Instructions:

SIZES: Small 16-18 inches (Medium 18-20 inches)

1. With G hook and green yarn chain 77 (90), leaving at least a 9 inch tail. Join chain with a slipstitch (be careful not to twist).

2. Round 1-3: Ch 1, *sc in next 5 stitches, 3 single crochet in next stitch, sc in next 5 stitches, skip 2 stitches* repeat from * around.

3. Round 4-10: Switch to H hook and pink yarn, *sc in next 5 stitches, 3 single crochet in next stitch, sc in next 5 stitches, skip 2 stitches* repeat from * around.

4. Round 11-14 (11-17): Switch to I hook, *sc in next 5 stitches, 3 single crochet in next stitch, sc in next 5 stitches, skip 2 stitches* repeat from * around.

5. Fasten off weave in ends. DO NOT sew the openings around the stem closed.

STEM:

6. Round 1: Join green yarn with a sc in one of the points of round 1, sc in each remaining point.

7. Round 2-4: Sc in each stitch.

8. Fasten off and weave yarn in and out of last round and draw closed. Weave in ends.
Crochet tulip cap.

By Suzetta from Bellingham WA

Give a "thumbs up" to the solution that worked the best! Do you have a better solution? Click here to share it!

Here are questions related to Crochet Hat Patterns.

Question: Crocheting a Hat With a Star Crown

I am fairly new to crocheting and I want to crochet my son a hat that has a 5 point star as the crown of the hat. How do I crochet between the tips of the star?

By Sharon

Most Recent Answer

By Julie G. [1]11/12/2013

You could do either of the following:
yarn for the crown=A
yarn between the tips=B
1. after crocheting the first row of the first tip, tie and knot the B onto the yarn of the last stitch of A and make stitch(es) with B. Take up the A and crochet the first row of the next tip. Take up B and so on. For row 2 of the crown tips take up the A crochet the 2nd row of the 1st tip, take up the B yarn to your next tip base. Take up the A yarn and so on, row after row.
Just make sure you know which side will be the outside of cap

2. You could always cut yarn A when you attached yarn B(cut B and knot or tie to A), crochet to next place for next tip. Attach yarn A til you crochet to where you need to attach to yarn B again and so on row after row.

The 2nd idea is more neat because you can get a plastic crochet needle and weave in the ends without them being seen on outside of cap.

Question: Crochet Pattern for Child's Hat With Face on Back

I crocheted a toddler girl's hat in 1981 or 82. It was a hat with a girl's face on the back so when she had it on it looked like she was facing you. It had hair around the face of it and a 4 inch wide band across the top of the head and ties that tied under the chin. Please can anyone help me find it?

By Cathy B.

Question: Crochet Hat Pattern Search

In the late 1970s, probably '75 or '76, I made a crocheted hat from a pattern on the wrap strip of Aunt Lydia's Rug Yarn. I think it may have been called a "cloche", but none of the patterns I find on-line are quite the same.

The pattern used 2 different colors of yarn and I would like to find it to make again. It was a style that really suited my face. In the intervening years, and many moves, the original hat I made is long gone. Anyone out there have old wrap sleeves from Aunt Lydia's yarn that might be able to help me?

By Melody B-H from Oak Ridge, TN

Most Recent Answer

By Jana J.12/30/2012

I'm looking for that pattern too! And you're correct, they called it a "cloche". I do hope we can locate it.

Question: Crochet Pattern For Infant's Cowboy Hat

I am looking for a crochet baby cowboy hat, please and thank you.

By Roe from Whitney Point, NY

Question: Crocheted Tam Hat Pattern

I am looking for a free easy crochet pattern for a tam hat with a picture.

By Joe K from Pittsburgh, PA

Most Recent Answer

04/23/2009

Here is one:
http://www.planetshoup.com/easy/crochet/tamrasta.shtml

Question: Crocheted Men's Peaked Hat Pattern

Does anyone have a knitting or crocheting pattern for a man's peaked hat? I don't mean a baseball cap I mean what I might call a bargeman's hat with a peak. I have tried shops and the internet but patterns there tend to be for ladies and I need a man's pattern because my man has a large head!

Mary from UK

Most Recent Answer

By Diane Sturgess [2]11/13/2008

Just realised both my posts (Di S) have been added as "Guest" - forgot to sign in !

Question: Crochet Pattern for a Girls Hat

I am looking for crochet pattern for adolescent girl's hats.

Kookiep from Old Bridge, NJ

Most Recent Answer

By Brenda (Guest Post)11/30/2006

Check out www.crochetpatterncentral.com
I find lots of patterns there.

Question: Crocheted Cat Hat Pattern

Hi! I have been looking on the internet for a pattern for a CROCHETED cat hat (basically a hat with little ears). Knitting patterns abound for this hat, but alas, not for crocheted versions. Does anyone know of one?

Thanks!

Aline in VA

Most Recent Answer

By Jo Anne Buford [1]06/25/2008

Here is a pattern on Etsy-
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.ph ... =sr_gallery_8&listing_id=5672284

Photos

Below are photos related to this guide.

Crocheted Granny Hat

Here is a the crocheted hat I made from a pattern found at: http://suzies-yarnie-stuff.blogspot.com/2008/03/womans-granny-hat-c.html

I like her patterns as they are simple to use and follow as well as a wide range of ideas. This picture is my daughter who loves the hats I make.

Have a great week.

By Lori from Ephrata, WA

crocheted hat

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Crochet Pattern For Infant's Cowboy Hat

Does anyone know where I can find a crochet pattern for an infant/child's cowboy hat?

Sandra from Goldendale, WA

RE: Crochet Pattern For Infant's Cowboy Hat

I found a crochet book with so many cute patterns for babies. It is "Too Cute Crochet for Babies and Toddlers". It has hats (the one you mentioned), scarves, mittens, and boots. It is so very cute. I got it from the library. Hope this helps you. Good luck in your search. (04/01/2008)

By Darlene

Does anyone have a crochet pattern for an infant or child size cowboy hat?

By Donna from Dallas, TX