Making Mini Crochet Hats
If you can crochet, a fun project is making small hats for dolls and teddy bears. This is a guide about making mini crochet hats
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
I designed this hat to fit on small dolls and teddies, or to use as ornaments, pins, barrettes, or for wall hangings. You get directions for one, but can make all, the size you want.
Approximate Time: 20-30 minutes with embellishments
- cool temp glue gun
- crochet hook size "E", size "G" and "H" if you go bigger
- 12 yards double strand thread.
Less for tinier hat, more for larger. I would not cut until you are done unless you need to mix colors.
- roses, ribbons, buttons, pearls, beads, feathers, and more
This hat is smaller when made with one strand, so keep in mind these are both double threads and single yarn.
- Row 1: Ch 2, make 7 sc in 1st ch from hook, for 8. Join.
- Row 2: Ch 1, make 2nd st. in same st., then 1 in next around for 12. Join.
- Row 3: Ch 1, make 1 sc in next st, then 2 in 3rd for 16 around. Join.
- Row 4: Ch 3, make 2 more DC's in next 2 st. Skip 1, but ch. 2. Make 3 more around for 4. Join.
- Row 5: Ch 4, skip 1, make slst in 2nd st for first loop, then repeat around for 8 loops. Join.
- Row 6: Make 1 sc, 3 HD, 1 sc in each loop around. Join and break off.
- I measure fingertip to shoulder, then just loop and measure again back to the end. This is for thread work. I just use regular yarn for the larger. You can make a single strand that is about 1.5 inch in diameter if you want. To make it larger work the pattern with jute, rug yarn, etc.
- Once the hat is done, you can embellish with ribbon, pearls, buttons, flowers, or just leave simple for a small doll or teddy bear hat, or a lapel pin.
- This is a very cute present for teachers, co-workers, that neighbor that always feeds your pets when you are gone, or to keep yourself.
I hope you N-JOY!
By Sandi from Salem , OR
In This Guide