Finding Crochet Hat Patterns

Category Hats
Making your own crochet hat allows you to choose from a multitude of patterns. This is a guide about finding crochet hat patterns.

This is a guide about making crochet hats. Crochet is a fun and easy way to make an array of hats, that are fun, whimsical, practical, and best of all made by you.

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

This is a guide about making mini crochet hats. If you can crochet, a fun project is making small hats for dolls and teddy bears.

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

Does anyone have a knitting or crocheting pattern for a man's peaked hat? I don't mean a baseball cap I mean what I might call a bargeman's hat with a peak. I have tried shops and the internet but patterns there tend to be for ladies and I need a man's pattern because my man has a large head!

Mary from UK

Answers

Try using the women's pattern with larger needles. Calculate for size.

Wth free registration, all of the yarn companies have websites with free patterns. I can't remember if it was lionbrand.com or bernat.com but one of them had the pattern for a peaked 'watchcap', bargemans hat, toboggan, whatever it might be called :-) if you can't find it, let me know and I'll look again until I find it, but search all the yarn mfg's pages and most have free patterns for registration. Just opt out of any mass mailings they offer.

I was able to find quite a few free patterns, both knitting and crochet, by "googling" watch cap patterns, or free crochet watch cap patterns... Good luck!

There are lots of links here:

http://www.croc … .com/psearch.htm

This looks like it might be big enough.

http://web.arch … groovy/2307.html

Just realised both my posts (Di S) have been added as "Guest" - forgot to sign in !

Hi! I have been looking on the internet for a pattern for a CROCHETED cat hat (basically a hat with little ears). Knitting patterns abound for this hat, but alas, not for crocheted versions. Does anyone know of one?

Thanks!

Aline in VA

Answers

http://www.croc … rectory/hats.php
There's a cat hat in there. I hope it helps :)

There is a crochet e-magazine that has the pattern. the link for it is :
http://www.croc … tty_cat_hat.html
hope that helps
Megan

I have been looking for a hat like the cat in the hat wears thank you

http://web.arch … s/3719/pat6.html

Michele's "Cat in the Hat" Hat

Pattern By: Michele

Materials:
Crochet hook size H (This fits a 10 year old boy, use a smaller hook for a smaller sized child)
Roughly 4 oz of Red and 4 oz of White worsted weight yarn (I used cotton)
30 inches of boning (from the fabric store, dritz has a package of 2 yards for $2.29)

Directions:
Rnd 1: With Red, ch 4, sl st in first ch to form ring, ch 3, 11 dc in ring, join with sl st in top of ch 3. (12 dc)

Rnd 2: Ch 3, dc in same st, 2 dc in each st around, join with sl st in top of ch 3. (24 dc)

Rnd 3: Ch 3, dc in same st, * dc in next st, 2dc in next stich * around, join with sl st in top of ch 3. (36 dc)

Rnd 4: Ch 3, dc in same st, * dc in next 2 st, 2 dc in next stitch * around, join with sl st in top of ch 3. (48 dc)

Rnd 5: Ch 3, dc in same st, * dc in next 3 st, 2 dc in next stitch * around, join with sl st in top of ch 3. (60 dc)

Rnd 6: Ch 2, Hdc around, join with sl st in top of ch 2. (60 hdc) Rnd 7-9: Ch 3, dc around, join with sl st in top of ch 3. (60 dc)

Rnd 10-13: Change to Red yarn. Ch 3, dc around, join with sl st in top of ch 3. (60 dc)

Rnd 14-17: Change to white yarn. Ch 3, dc around, join with sl st in top of ch 3. (60 dc)

Rnd 18-21: Change to Red yarn. Ch 3, dc around, join with sl st in top of ch 3. (60 dc)

Rnd 22: Change to white yarn. Ch 3, 2 dc in each dc around, join with sl st in top of ch 3. (120 dc)

Rnd 23: Ch 3, dc around, join with sl st in top of ch 3. (120 dc)

Prepare boning by sewing the boning into a circle... I ended up cutting part of the casing off and then stuffing the plastic boning further into the opposite casing before sewing. This seemed to secure it better.

http://web.arch … s/3719/pat6.html

Here is a pattern on Etsy-
http://www.etsy … sting_id=5672284

Does anyone know where I can get a pattern for a child"s crocheted hat?

By Florence from Crestwood, KY

Answers

I love this website.

http://www.croc … om/directory.php

Here's a link to Lion Brand yarn and their free crochet patterns:
http://cache.li … reePatterns.html

I am looking for crochet pattern for adolescent girl's hats.

Kookiep from Old Bridge, NJ

Answers

Check out the companies who sell yarn goods? www.bernat.com, www.thecatsmeowyarns.com and the like. Also go to www.google.com and enter the search words, "free crochet patterns hats."

Good luck!

Cheers,
Rose Anne

Check out www.crochetpatterncentral.com
I find lots of patterns there.

How do I make a crochet beret?

I am fairly new to crocheting and I want to crochet my son a hat that has a 5 point star as the crown of the hat. How do I crochet between the tips of the star?

By Sharon

Answers

You could do either of the following:
yarn for the crown=A
yarn between the tips=B
1. after crocheting the first row of the first tip, tie and knot the B onto the yarn of the last stitch of A and make stitch(es) with B. Take up the A and crochet the first row of the next tip. Take up B and so on. For row 2 of the crown tips take up the A crochet the 2nd row of the 1st tip, take up the B yarn to your next tip base. Take up the A yarn and so on, row after row.
Just make sure you know which side will be the outside of cap

2. You could always cut yarn A when you attached yarn B(cut B and knot or tie to A), crochet to next place for next tip. Attach yarn A til you crochet to where you need to attach to yarn B again and so on row after row.

The 2nd idea is more neat because you can get a plastic crochet needle and weave in the ends without them being seen on outside of cap.

In the late 1970s, probably '75 or '76, I made a crocheted hat from a pattern on the wrap strip of Aunt Lydia's Rug Yarn. I think it may have been called a "cloche", but none of the patterns I find on-line are quite the same.

The pattern used 2 different colors of yarn and I would like to find it to make again. It was a style that really suited my face. In the intervening years, and many moves, the original hat I made is long gone. Anyone out there have old wrap sleeves from Aunt Lydia's yarn that might be able to help me?

By Melody B-H from Oak Ridge, TN

Answers

I'm looking for that pattern too! And you're correct, they called it a "cloche". I do hope we can locate it.

I am looking for a free easy crochet pattern for a tam hat with a picture.

By Joe K from Pittsburgh, PA

Answers

Anonymous

Here is one:
http://www.plan  t/tamrasta.shtml

I would like a pattern for crochet hats using plastic store bags to make the "yarn". I would like an adult size.

The Crochet Lady from Orlando, FL

Answers

Crochet Lady:
Check the About.com site. I remember seeing this. I don't crochet, but it looked like fun. Good Luck.....

I crocheted a toddler girl's hat in 1981 or 82. It was a hat with a girl's face on the back so when she had it on it looked like she was facing you. It had hair around the face of it and a 4 inch wide band across the top of the head and ties that tied under the chin. Please can anyone help me find it?

By Cathy B.

I am looking for a crochet baby cowboy hat, please and thank you.

By Roe from Whitney Point, NY

Does anyone have a crochet pattern for an infant or child size cowboy hat?

By Donna from Dallas, TX

Does anyone know where I can find a crochet pattern for an infant/child's cowboy hat?

Sandra from Goldendale, WA

Answers:

Crochet Pattern For Infant's Cowboy Hat

I found a crochet book with so many cute patterns for babies. It is "Too Cute Crochet for Babies and Toddlers". It has hats (the one you mentioned), scarves, mittens, and boots. It is so very cute. I got it from the library. Hope this helps you. Good luck in your search. (04/01/2008)

By Darlene