CurtainsDecorating

Curtain and Rug Colour Advice

I am planning to buy curtains and a rug for my living room. I have a yellow mustard sofa and pale cream walls. Please suggest the right colour that will look good. Thanks for your help.

I would have a very light mint green on the walls.

I would get a rug that was in the brown family and get curtains that are cream color.

Your sofa looks like almost a 70's style so if you like that style you could go with a combination of curtains with maybe a darker gray and a lighter gray on top (double sheers) and maybe a two tone light and dark gray area rug (either wide stripes or circles) and add your accent chairs and pillows in greens or even blues. Your sofa could be the focal point with a black or dark glass coffee table.

You did not say you were painting your walls but if you do plan to do this then you could also do two color walls - dark gray and lighter gray with accent pictures in abstract black and white or a splash of color with earth tones. Any rug, pillows, chairs in almost any earth tone would go well and always room to expand your color scheme.

That sofa will stand out in the room on its own. However, loving a bold statement with that sofa. I would love to see some form of green or beige in the brown family in a sheer fabric. I would get two panels in each color. add one to your rod followed by the other. brown, green brown green. If the brown is too dark stick to neutral beige.

I would not paint the walls in all honesty. it could be easier for you to just color the room with add-ons. gray is a beautiful color and will be great with a nice pattern on it for the rug. Walmart has some great rugs. I would also say if you have cable check out hgtvf or a few episodes of house hunters. You will love it