Upcycled Plastic Bottle Jewelry Stand

This a super cute and thrifty jewelry stand you can make out of some plastic bottles and a few pieces of hardware. I used it to fill up with the jewelry I wear most often, and separated them by colour using the different tiers: silver on top, then gold, then colour pieces. I love this stand!

Total Time: 1 hour

Yield: 1 stand

• 1 2-liter plastic bottle
  • 3 1-liter plastic bottles
  • scissors
  • X-Acto knife
  • 1 12-inch threaded rod
  • 8 washers
  • 8 nuts

1. Cut off the bottoms of the bottles.
  2. Slice into the middles of each bottle bottom so there's a small hole. You might need a bit of heat from a lighter to assist in this as the middles are thicker plastic. I carefully used a lighter. You could also use a heated knife or a drilling tool.
  3. Starting with the 2-liter bottle piece facing dowwards, screw the rod in through the middle.
  4. Advertisement

5. Add a washer through the bottom, then add a nut. Do this on top of the bottle piece, as well.
  6. Repeat this process by screwing the rest of the pieces on from the top of the rod: nut, washer, upward facing 1-liter bottle piece, washer, nut, repeat, making sure to space out the bottle pieces evenly.
  7. Fill the bottle pieces with your jewelry.
  8. Enjoy your beautiful and thrifty creation!
  9. Advertisement

Crafts Recycled Crafts ContainersSeptember 3, 2020
🌻
📓
🎂
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Upcycled-Plastic-Bottle-Jewelry-Stand-1.html