Cutting Your Own Hair

I am wanting to try to cut my own hair, I am female so I know it can be tricky. I was wondering if anyone has any tips or has tried to cut their own hair. Thanks! - Crystal

Answers:

Cutting Your Own Hair

For longer hair: Style your hair in it's usual way and part it in the middle at the back and bring it all forward. Then cut it straight across the bottom on either side, making the length match on each side. This will trim your hair and make it nicely rounded at the back on the bottom.

(07/26/2005)

By Anonymous

Cutting Your Own Hair

I've been cutting my own hair for a while now (I lost a bunch due to hormone imbalance after my daughter was born and was embarrassed to go to anyone!) I just started cutting with the haircutting scissors I used to trim bangs (I've been cutting my sisters' hair for years) after getting out of the shower. I do my best to get it even but usually end up trimming stray for a few days .. the best is now the look is for the "razored" edge .. perfect for DIYers!

Good Luck to you!

(07/26/2005)

By Rebekah

Cutting Your Own Hair

When my hair was worn long and straight, I used to trim it by putting the back up in a barrette, and making the first cut for length there - giving me more length in the back - and the straighten it out in front of a mirror and trim the front edges - You can either twist the front edges to make a feathered look and or to make sure both sides are straight, make sure they match in the middle of your face.

To this day, I have found myself correcting cuts I have gotten professionally. (05/11/2007)

By pamphyila

Cutting Your Own Hair

I usually get my hair cut at a salon. But since I have side bangs, I normally take out my scissors and just dampen them a bit and cut until I can get them the way I like. Sometimes I mess up, so I always do it on a Friday night, so that I have 2 days for them to sort of even up before I go back to school. (11/30/2007)

By Namie

Cutting Your Own Hair

Make it short and simple

Good luck! (01/04/2008)

By maylynd

Cutting Your Own Hair
Cleaning Plastic Cutting Boards
Cleaning Plastic Cutting Boards
Up close photo of red, wavy hair.
Homemade Hair Dye Recipes
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink
Red Hair Dye
Removing Hair Dye Stains from a Bathtub
🎄