Dealing With Frizzy Hair

Is there a good way to hydrate very dry hair without using any products with alcohol in it? All the store products seem to be alcohol based. My hair has gotten very dry and frizzy as I've gotten older.

By menopause from Suffield, CT

Answers:

Dealing With Frizzy Hair

Try using regular hair conditioner; apply it to you hair after you wash your hair, but leave it in don't wash it out. Use it as a mousse it will keep the frizzies at bay and will make you hair soft and manageable and stronger with less split ends. (07/10/2009)

By yard_sale_annie

Dealing With Frizzy Hair

Good oils in your diet will help, and a drop of oil in your shampoo will help as well. Eat avocados, use olive oil in your cooking, and eat nuts. All of these have good oils in them, are healthy and natural and will help any dryness, including skin. Vitamin E is the "drug" the pharmaceutical companies don't want us to know about. It is good inside and out. (07/10/2009)

By nekocat

Dealing With Frizzy Hair

I had a friend in high school with very dry hair and she swore by mayonnaise. She used it about once a week as a conditioner and would wrap her whole head (not face) in Saran wrap for about 10 minutes and then shampoo it out. I think if you were going to try this it should be on a day when you had plenty of time to deal with it. (07/11/2009)

By Glenn'sMom

Dealing With Frizzy Hair

I use Vaseline on my face and hair. It works, no wrinkles, no frizzy hair, good luck. (07/12/2009)

By kffrmw88

Dealing With Frizzy Hair

Have you tried Dove Repairing shampoo? It worked well very with my hair and my hair was really bad, trust me. (07/12/2009)

By DMarie98

Dealing With Frizzy Hair

Try Freeman's Papaya Hair Conditioner and anti frizz. Works wonderfully. (07/13/2009)

By Mythi

Dealing With Frizzy Hair

Don't laugh, but give this a try Vicks vapor rub. I live in Florida and have really dry hair, when my friend (a beauty stylist from Mexico ) told me to do this I did not think it would work. Just use a little bit. I put some in the palm of my hand and massage it from the ends toward the roots. Warning, if you use too much you will have greasy hair, but if you try it let me know how it comes out. (07/14/2009)

By l99lynn

Dealing With Frizzy Hair

I use Garnier Fructis products. Just yesterday I came up with a mixture that uses minimal products. In a squeeze bottle (I used a 4 oz.), add a few drops (I used 2 pumps) of leave in conditioner and 1 squirt of anti-fizz serum then filled with water. After it was shaken up, the water turned into the conditioner's consistency. It left my hair very soft and frizz-less. Not only that it worked great, but it saves so much product and doesn't leave my hair greasy looking like the normal application. On top of this, its amazing skin lotion. (07/16/2009)

By Becca25

Dealing With Frizzy Hair
Fixing Frizzy Doll Hair
Fixing Frizzy Doll Hair
Beautiful woman with frizzy hair looking at her comb, with a pained expression
Remedies for Frizzy Hair
Up close photo of red, wavy hair.
Homemade Hair Dye Recipes
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink
🎄