Dealing With Oily Skin

I have very oily and acne prone skin, lately I have been more towards using natural products. I haven't found anything that's really worked. Please post recipes for toners, face washes, and/or masks that work or have worked for you.

I also get very bad acne on my back. How do you even get rid of that? Your help is very much appreciated. Thanks.

By child-of-eden from Alberta

Answers:

Dealing With Oily Skin

Vinegar will help, apply to back and face with cotton 3 times a day, good luck. (09/20/2009)

By kffrmw88

Dealing With Oily Skin

Be careful washing your face too often and too hard, or even with too harsh a soap.

Try getting a hold of Grandpa's Pine Tar Soap.

For a good toner, kffrmw88 has it down! Use cider vinegar with cotton balls.

Good luck. This is just what worked for me. I still get zits at "that time of month", but nothing like I used to, and they don't last like they used to either.

My daughter says to use Crest regular toothpaste on pimples. Leave it on until it dries then wash it off. She swears it helps get rid of them. (09/22/2009)

By Shosha

Dealing With Oily Skin

In my experience, breakouts are your body's way of showing you that you need to get rid of some toxins. I have had good luck taking dandelion root capsules to help cleanse my body.

Also, watch out for what you eat and drink and bathe in. If you have bad water (sometimes you don't know it until it's too late) it can be absorbed through your skin, not just by drinking it.

You can also try other methods of detox, such as zeolite, foot treatments, etc. Check out earthclinic.com for more suggestions from all over the world.

Don't just blame your skin. It may be trying to tell you something.

Good luck! (09/22/2009)

By Gina J.

Dealing With Oily Skin

I've tried just about everything with my face. Lately, it seems to be more oily than usual and I've been sweating, which makes matters worse. I use Proactive for sensitive skin, but it doesn't keep the oil at bay, and I wanted to use something that would break the cycle. Here's what I came up with, simple and super cheap.

I put a bottle of old aspirins in my blender with some vinegar and water and whizzed them. I poured the solution into an empty bottle. I shake it up, pour some into my hand or a washcloth and massage it onto my face. I allow it to dry, then rinse my face as usual. Aspirins are salicylic acid, just like most face cleaners contain.

Vinegar restores your skin's normal pH. And the graininess acts as an exfoliate. It seems to reach down into the pores, cut my oiliness dramatically, and really cleanse my skin. My pores aren't as large as they usually are, and I've not had as many breakouts. I follow with my Proactive regimen. I plan to continue using this since aspirin and vinegar are so cheap. Just have to be careful not to get any in your eyes. (09/23/2009)

By susanmajp

Dealing With Oily Skin

Lemon juice is very good for the skin. (09/24/2009)

By Dorty

Dealing With Oily Skin

Try witch hazel. It's fairly cheap, found at grocery/ drug stores. It's not overly drying, but it helps with oiliness and breakouts. I've used it for years. (09/24/2009)

By dreamyqueen

Dealing With Oily Skin

Lemon juice kills any bacteria. I dip the juice with cottonwool wipe gently and wash my face. (09/26/2009)

By Dorty

Closeup of Facial Pores and Oily Skin
Remedies for Oily Skin
Dealing With Sensitive Skin
Dealing With Sensitive Skin
bandaid covering a skin tag
Remedies for Skin Tags
A woman cleaning her face with skin toner.
Homemade Skin Toner
Poison ivy growing up a tree trunk.
Getting Rid of Poison Ivy Plants
🎄