Homemade Exfoliator Recipes

Instead of spending money on store bought exfoliators make your own quick, simple and fabulous. Wet your face with warm water. In your hand, mix baking soda and honey. Scrub your face and rinse - that's it.

The baking soda works as the exfoliator and the honey is antibacterial. Try this just once and you'll never purchase store bought again. This will make your face feel baby soft.

By Stacey from GA

More Solutions

The other day I was using baking soda for any of the million jobs that it does around the house, and I noticed this: if you mix three parts baking soda and one part water, you can use it as an exfoliating mask!

This is a recipe for a simple summer detox face cleanser. We play in the mountains a lot and this facial removes dirt, grime, and sweat and leaves my face fresh. I use it 2 times a week, especially after a long ride on our four wheelers!

Recycle an empty plastic spice bottle that you've used up and fill with sugar. The ones with holes are especially handy to clean out then fill with sugar. Then it's safe to use in the shower, as sugar works as an excellent and natural exfoliant for your skin.

Want a good exfoliate that you more than likely have at home? Take your conditioner and add sugar to it. If you like a lot of exfoliator, add more sugar. If you like just a little exfoliant, add less sugar. Use this when you get done washing in the shower.

Patti McKenna

If you have sensitive skin, try this exfoliate to remove dead skin cells and brighten your complexion.

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Sugar is a very good Exfoliator. Try this Sugar Exfoliator to get that amazing glow on your skin.

15 Questions

It is my turn to host a group of friends that just started a every-other-month get-together. The hostess is to come up with something to make. I'd like to "discover" how to make exfoliating bath rubs and hand rubs. My daughter-in-law has some hand scrub beside her kitchen sink she uses all the time and it makes her hands look like she's just had a spa treatment on them.

It's got some crystal type (epson salts) in it and some oil, then scented lightly. I'd love to gather the stuff up to make this as our June get-togehter project. Anyone know where I can find information on making this type of product?

Answers

Here is a site I really like with all kinds of receipes on it. Scroll down to choose the topic you want. I'm sure you'll find something there. www.recipegoldmine.com/.../beauty.html

By (Guest Post)

mckaysatt(11)
Thank you for the recipegoldmine.com site
I checked it out. Neat ideas!
Jennifer,CA :)

By Chaz. (Guest Post)

Mix one-fourth (1/4th) cup of olive oil with sugar crystals (or you can use granulated brown sugar), add a few drops of lemon juice. You can also add a drop of essential oil (lavender) or some lavender leaves for a nice fresh scent.

The Recipe Goldmine is a good site.
I have my favorite it's simply powdered milk, sugar, and some sort of oil. There was probably at some point an exact amount for each of these but now I just kind of throw equal amount of milk, and sugar together then add the oil until you get a think paste about the consistence of cooked oatmeal -I use plain old veggie oil I think the origianl called for olive oil-
I take this right into the shower, rub all over and rinse off. I want warn you about two things: 1 don't shave before you use this, for some reason it irratates you skin a bit and 2. Use Dawn liquid soap after your shower to make sure you get all the oil up. The shower is slippery when you use the oil (like you coundn't figure that one out but better safe than sorry)

Sugar and milk - milk has lactic acid which acts as a chemical exfoliant while the sugar acts as a physical exfoliant. rub gently though, too rough can do more harm than good

You can also go to Daily Worth.com. They have Lip balm Body scrub & Lotion recipes. Betty Crocker has Miracle Milk Bath, Total Beauty has 9 warm Weather DIY Hair and Skin Care Recipes, Good Housekeeping has Homemade Beauty Treatments, i.e.;Happy Hand Exfoliant, Peach Honey Mask, Toner etc. Ladies Home Journal has Homemade Beauty Recipes, Stash Tea.com has Tea-Beauty recipes As do most of the Tea sites;( ie; Bigelow.com, Celestial Seasonings.com,etc.) FaveCrafts.com has Snowballs For The Bath -plus other recipes & Crafts. Better Homes & Gardens has Handmade Bath Gifts & The Herb Quarterly.com has Homemade recipes for a lot of bath & beauty products. Lots of variety. These make Great Gifts. I make them myself.I save all kinds of jars to put them in.Great for Teens & Tweens too!. Have fun! : )

Answer this Question

Do you recommend olive oil and sea salt to exfoliate and for how long and how often? I do 2 minutes if using a commercial scrub.
Thanks so much for your advice.

Answers

This is supposedly a great scrub to exfoliate and replenish dry skin, but it is not advised to be used on the face, especially if you have overly sensitive, acne-prone skin, as the granules can damage the skin. If you do use it on your face, opt for the smallest salt granuesl possible.

Here is a recipe for one that's good: inhabitat.com/.../aftershave-splash

Mediterranean Olive Oil Scrub
1/2 cup of sea salt.
1/2 cup of brown sugar (like muscovado or demerara)
1/4 cup of olive oil.
A couple of drops of orange essential oil.

I think olive oil and sugar would be a gentler scrub. I would just go over all areas lightly. 2 minutes seems like a long time.

Answer this Question

This is a page about making strawberry foot exfoliant. Smooth out rough callouses on your feet with an exfoliant made from strawberries and other ingredients.

Hands massaging a sugar scrub into feet

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

This page contains recipes for homemade sugar scrubs. Sugar works as a great base for an exfoliator. Exfoliation is an important step to keeping your skin looking young and vibrant.

A sugar scrub with sugar near it.

Does anyone have a recipe for a facial scrub, and I can also use it all over my body.

I love to buy new beauty products every once in a while, but I will never buy another exfoliating product again.

Click to read more ideas from older posts on ThriftyFun.
🎃
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf34169817.tip.html