Sugar as an Exfoliant

Recycle an empty plastic spice bottle that you've used up and fill with sugar. The ones with holes are especially handy to clean out then fill with sugar. Then it's safe to use in the shower, as sugar works as an excellent and natural exfoliant for your skin. Replacing the top keeps it from spilling out and the holes make it easier to sprinkle it on your body where you want it to go. No need to have to buy expensive bath products to help remove dead skin cells when your own bath soap (and a little sugar) can do the job!

By Diane from Rochester, NY

Great tip! Thank you for sharing Diane. =)

I have been using sugar for a few years as an exfoliant when I have a shower. I keep a waterproof container in the shower and a pump bottle of sorbelene and pump some sorbelene in my hand and add some sugar and exfoliate my face and upper body. My skin feels great after this treatment and after my shower I then moisturize.

People often comment on my skin and ask me what I use, when I tell them I use sugar it is funny to see the look on their face, it is one of shock!

Health & Beauty Beauty Skin Care CleansingAugust 19, 2010
📓
🎂
🌻