Decorating with Wine Bottles

I am looking for ideas to decorate with wine bottles.

Manolisb from Greece

Decorating with Wine Bottles

I think it would be cool to make a wine bottle hanging chandelier! You could use painted 16 gauge baling wire from Home Depot to hang the bottles from. Or you could just set cobalt colored wine bottles on a shelf in a row with tiny Christmas lights or LEDs inside of them.

Back when I was a teenager I made a glass "sculpture" by stacking glass baby food jars on top of each other in rows, then I put a green light behind the stack of glass & it lit up the whole room. It was so simple, but so wonderful & enchanting to look at. With only one light bulb, the whole stack lit up! My mom brought the neighbors in to look at it. (10/15/2008)

By Cyinda

Decorating with Wine Bottles

A bottle tree is nice for outside decoration. There are a lot of ideas online for them. (10/16/2008)

By Karen L

Decorating with Wine Bottles

A friend in Tucson did this. She got a great looking chess board, and used the bottles upside down for legs. She used matching cobalt blue and it was stunning! If you choose solid colored ones, that are smaller, they look wonderful in the window, especially if you have morning sun! (10/17/2008)

By Poor But Proud

Decorating with Wine Bottles

A friend of mine makes lovely kitchen counter lights for gifts. Feed a 25 mini light strand into neck of bottle, and they will bunch up inside. Leave about a 12" length of cord and the plug outside of bottle. Place the cork in the bottle to hold cord. Leave attractive wine labels on the bottle. Tie a bunch of artificial grapes, from your local craft store, and a nice piece of wire ribbon (tied into a bow) at the top of bottle neck. Crystal glass grape clusters are especially pretty at night. That's it! Your color combos are endless with lights, glass bottle color, and ribbons. (11/28/2008)

By Linda

Decorating with Wine Bottles
Photos of wine bottle lamps with decorations.
Making a Wine Bottle Lamp
Glass of Red Wine Spilled on Carpet
Removing Red Wine Stains from Carpet
Empty Wine Bottles
Finding Empty Wine Bottles
Removing Red Wine Stains from Hardwood Floors, Broken glass of red wine on wood floor.
Removing Red Wine Stains from Hardwood Floors