Alternative Uses for Wine

Many people enjoy having a glass of wine. Cooking with wine and using it to dye fabric are just a few of the ways you can use wine. This is a guide about alternative uses for wine.

Does anyone know alternative uses for wine other than food related? I have about 2 gallons of homemade wine that was left by a previous house owner. I don't really want to eat/drink it since I didn't make it and don't want to use it. Can it be used for cleaning/plants/gardens. Any ideas for use?

Answers

Hi,

My neighbor worked for Gallo winery and said they used wine to clean the cement floor daily. I have heard that Thunderbird wine it is good for garage floors also with grease spills. I haven't tried it but what have you got to lose?

What about contacting the old owner. Maybe he would like it back or a neighbor that knew him would like to have it.

Let it sit long enough and it will turn to vinegar, it may be already. It can be used as a household cleaner where ever vinegar would be used normally, one caution, if it's red, don't use it where it will stain.C

If it is white wine it is great for getting red wine, grape juice, etc out of carpets...just pour it on and the stains disappear