Deep Clean Your Hair With Baking Soda

One of the best tips I have ever gotten though the years (and I've been a tip collector for many years) is one for hair. We spend lots of money for products to remove build up on our hair, but we don't have too.

Here it is: take a cup of warm water add one tablespoon of baking soda to it and stir, when you get in the shower wet your hair first and don't add shampoo yet, pour the water with the baking soda over your hair and rub into your hair. DO NOT RINSE OUT.

Take your shampoo and apply to hair, then shampoo as usual. This makes your hair feel like new! I found I can do more with my hair after I strip all the gunky stuff out of it. I try to do this at least once or twice a month, more if I use more products. If you go to the weekly beauty shop take along a jar with the soda in and have your stylist to apply it to your hair before shampooing.

Source: I really don't know where it came from, I got it from my Grandmother many, many years ago.

By Patty from Hopkinsville, KY

Deep Clean Hair with Baking Soda and Shampoo

Thanks for your frugal tip, I'll have to try it the next time I shampoo my hair. (03/25/2009)

Deep Clean Your Hair With Baking Soda

You can also mix a little baking soda with shampoo in the palm of your hand before shampooing. (03/26/2009)

By Ree 127

Deep Clean Your Hair With Baking Soda

I've been using baking soda as a scrub for my skin for years. Don't need those expensive beauty treatments: just wet your face and shake a little baking soda on your fingers and scrub. It is drying, so be sure to moisturize after, but you will have soft, smooth, clear skin. (03/29/2009)

By Aili

Deep Clean Your Hair With Baking Soda

I have very dry hair due to application of henna for long duration. I also don't apply oil in my hair because daily, I have to go outside. Only Sunday, that is passed in many household works. I'll apply your tip, and hope I will get benefit of the same. (08/17/2009)

By kuljeet

Deep Clean Your Hair With Baking Soda

This is totally true! As a hairdresser for 20 years now, I use this on my hair as well as on others. Another thing that can be used in the same way is Fruit Fresh. Just make sure you use a conditioner of some sort afterward because it really opens that cuticle and you need to fill it with something good. I am NOT one of those gals that say one should only use professional products (although I do like them better) BUT there is a lot of wax and stuff in them so I always recommend using a stripper like this once a month. Why should we have to purchase expensive products when we can just use some simple solutions to do the same thing. OH, if one wants to follow up after this with a deep conditioner? Use the Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Product. Put it in your hair, cover with a grocery bag and clean your house or do something that will make you sweat a bit. The heat from your head will allow it to absorb better. For color treated hair, don't do it more than once per month or it may dull your color. (08/18/2009)

By Trundgirl

Deep Clean Your Hair With Baking Soda

My hair and skin is very oily so I make a paste with baking soda and water right in the shower. I use some to wash my face (I leave it on for a few minutes) and I put the rest in my hair. Love the way it makes my hair feel! (08/18/2009)

By KelliH

Deep Clean Your Hair With Baking Soda
Muffin with a bite out of it.
Muffins Taste Like Baking Soda
Up close photo of red, wavy hair.
Homemade Hair Dye Recipes
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink
Large Turkey in Deep Fryer
Deep Frying a Turkey