Dingy Towels

I recently bought beige towels and wash cloths for my main bathroom. My problem is; after just a few uses and washings the wash cloths are becoming VERY dingy. I would appreciate any suggestions as to how to brighten them back up again. They were so beautiful, I didn't think of practicality... OOPS!

Judy from Birmingham, AL

Dingy Towels

Same in Rifle CO. So, I did what Mom did - plain white vinegar in rinse water. Wash the dingy towels in hot water, any temp rinse water and 1 cup + a good slosh of vinegar. It worked for my G.I family all over post WWII Europe in 1950-59. Luck (08/13/2006)

By JK Finnell

Dingy Towels

I add borax and it seems to give everything a lift. (08/15/2006)

By mef1957

Dingy Clothing on a Clothing Line
Solutions for Dingy Clothing
Dyeing Bath Towels
Dyeing Bath Towels
Reusable Absorbent Towels
Make Reusable Absorbent Towels
Stack of Colored Towels
Saving Money on Towels
Stack of colorful towels.
Making Bath Towels More Absorbent