Dish Soap for Toilet Clogs

How do you unclog a toilet using dish detergent?

By GuyBlakeK. from New York, NY

Answers:

Dish Soap for Toilet Clogs

Squirt in a healthy amount of Dawn (the expensive one - Ultra Dawn), add very hot water and leave alone overnight.

(06/04/2009)

By mulberry204

Dish Soap for Toilet Clogs

This is how I found Thrifty Fun, looking for a way to unclog a toilet, this Dawn trick is the answer. Makes the bathroom smell good, too. I keep a small bottle in the cabinet and give it a squirt before bedtime, just as a precaution, too. (06/04/2009)

By mom of towers

Dish Soap for Toilet Clogs

It has taken a few hours, but finally successful. Used the plunger, Dawn dishwashing liquid, and hot (not boiling) water from the bathtub. Repeatedly plunged, put in some Dawn, let it stand, then added hot water. At one point did scoop some suds out, but not a problem. Probably wouldn't work for every clog, but this method did work for me today.

I don't know if plunging alone would have worked, because right after buying the plunger I tried this method. It was a stubborn clog, so glad to have found this site. (10/31/2009)

By CJSCJS

Dish Soap for Toilet Clogs

We had a clog that we plunged multiple times today with no luck. Coat hanger, no luck. I tried the dish soap suggested, I used 1/4 cup, let it sit a minute or so and nuked a huge bowl of water in the microwave until almost boiling and poured in the toilet and plunged like crazy.

This didn't seem to help so I waited and tried again a few minutes later, no help then either. Then I tried this, a cap of Downy fabric softener and one final bowl of almost boiling water. A few plunges later I was hearing gurgling as the water went down. Yay! (02/06/2010)

By net_kitten

Dish Soap for Toilet Clogs
Dish Soap Bottle Dolls
Dish Soap Bottle Dolls
Bar of Soap Stuck in a Toilet
Bar of Soap Stuck in Toilet
Toilet Brush Head
Toilet Brush Head Stuck in Toilet
Saving Money on Toilet Paper
Saving Money on Toilet Paper
🎉
🎄