Disposing of Lamp Oil Properly

The type of oil used in your lamp and the local recycling and waste regulations will help determine the best way to dispose of the oil. This is a guide about disposing of lamp oil properly.

Old Oil Lamp

Question: Disposing of Lamp Oil

By fancy61 12 26

I bought a new oil lamp from Wal-Mart, but the globe doesn't fit right and I only noticed after I filled the lamp with oil. Now I need to dispose of the oil and don't know of a good way to do this. What is acceptable from the recycling standpoint? The lamp is ruined and will also go into the trash.

By fancy61 from Northern Dayton Area, OH

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By April 187 452 Flag

I would save the oil in a mason jar and take the lamp back to Walmart and ask for an exchange. Without a receipt our store will not refund, but they will exchange.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Better Living Green Living Recycling OtherJanuary 30, 2013
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Disposing of Light Bulbs (Incandescent), A light bulb.
Disposing of Light Bulbs (Incandescent)
Disposing of Used Motor Oil, Used Motor Oil in a Gallon Jug
Disposing of Used Motor Oil
Compact Fluorescent Lightbulb
Disposing of Compact Fluorescent Light Bulbs
Old Paint Can
Disposing of Old Paint
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 8, 2016 at 11:14:11 AM on 10.0.1.188 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings