Disposing of Lamp Oil Properly

The type of oil used in your lamp and the local recycling and waste regulations will help determine the best way to dispose of the oil. This is a guide about disposing of lamp oil properly.

Old Oil Lamp

I bought a new oil lamp from Wal-Mart, but the globe doesn't fit right and I only noticed after I filled the lamp with oil. Now I need to dispose of the oil and don't know of a good way to do this. What is acceptable from the recycling standpoint? The lamp is ruined and will also go into the trash.

By fancy61 from Northern Dayton Area, OH

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I would save the oil in a mason jar and take the lamp back to Walmart and ask for an exchange. Without a receipt our store will not refund, but they will exchange.

Read More Answers...
Better Living Green Living Recycling OtherJanuary 30, 2013
Disposing of Used Motor Oil, Used Motor Oil in a Gallon Jug
Disposing of Used Motor Oil
dirty garage floor
Removing Oil Stains from Garage Floor
Up close photo of a dirty driveway.
Removing Oil Spills from Your Driveway
Old Paint Can
Disposing of Old Paint
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 19, 2016 at 8:18:12 AM on 10.0.0.209 in 434 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.