Dog Eating Its Own Feces

I know this is gross, but I have to ask if anyone knows what to do about a puppy eating its poo. How can I stop it and why is it doing this?

By Kateh09 from Charleston, SC

Answers:

Dog Eating Its Own Feces

Our vet said that our dog was eating his own poop because his body was lacking a certain vitamin (sorry, I can't remember which vitamin). She told us to buy a can of plain pumpkin ("not" pumpkin pie filling) and mix in a spoonful every time we fed him. It really worked. (09/29/2009)

By fatkatz

Dog Eating Its Own Feces

Usually they're lacking something in their diet. Giving them food with a teaspoon of liquid Geritol (if they're anemic) every day will put a stop to that. Fish Oil is also good. Our animals were somewhat anemic and were eating their poop and Geritol put a stop to that. Good luck. (09/29/2009)

By av8rs3

Dog Eating Its Own Feces

Puppies eat everything. Try chopped pineapple in dog food or Accent salt. My Vet recommended both of these. (09/30/2009)

By chrissym15

Dog Eating Its Own Feces

My vet is amazing, and he says that the thinking on this was a lack of nutrition. But now, dog food has so much nutrition, they can't absorb it. Being scavengers, dogs see that as a meal. There is a remedy sold by vets that makes it taste bad. It worked for mine. (09/30/2009)

By damaged05170

Dog Eating Its Own Feces

Please keep a close eye on these dogs eating poop. This is how they get Parvo. This can kill them. My puppy had this and it is very deadly. Please watch your doggy. Thanks.

Linda (10/04/2009)

By hercybaby

A dog licking his lips.
Dog Eating Its Own Feces
Bored Kid at a Restaurant
Keep Children Entertained When Eating Out
Couple being served a Salad
Eating Healthy While Eating Out
A bulldog eating too fast.
Preventing a Dog From Eating Too Fast
Dog Stool
Dog's Stool is Green
🎄