Dog Food Recipes for a Dog with Liver Problems

I need natural home-cooking recipes for 12 lb. Yorkie with a liver problem.

Gloria from Montreal, Quebec, Canada

Answers:

I feed my Cocker home made meals and he loves them. I simmer chicken thighs (save the broth) until tender. Cool the thighs and remove all fat. Chop the meat in the food processor and set aside. Add frozen green beans and fresh carrots also chopped in the processor. Cook brown rice in the chicken stock and add the vegetables and chopped meat.

Form into meal size balls and freeze on a cookie sheet and then bag them in the freezer. Our dog gets a rice ball for breakfast and then natural dog food in the evening. He loves his rice balls. I microwave the rice ball until it's warm and often add a little more broth to it. (10/23/2006)

By Annie

Though I had cats, I always fed them a raw diet and they were never ill or had any problems. Commercial foods cause all the problems. Do a search on BARF if you are interested and you will find recipes. Also, look into www.shirleys-wellness-cafe.com. A fantastic alternative site for humans and animals.

Best of luck and blessings to you. (10/23/2006)

By Tone

Chicken Liver
Chicken Liver Recipes
Beef Liver Recipes
Beef Liver Recipes
A bulldog eating too fast.
Preventing a Dog From Eating Too Fast
Liver and Onions
Slow Cooker Liver and Onions Recipes
🎄
🍂
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on November 19, 2016 at 10:36:54 PM on 10.0.0.201 in 983 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.