Dog With Separation Anxiety Problems

My family just adopted a 10 month old pit/boxer mix. We've had her here for the first night (last night) and we adore her very much. The only problem is her comfort spot is on the bed or couch, she seems to have separation anxieties, and peed on the floor 4 times and pooped once in the night. She is afraid of going on walks, she seems insecure with leaving. She acts like she thinks were going to take her and leave her. What can I do to fix the housebreaking and anxieties so my boyfriend doesn't make us get rid of her again?

Tiffany from Covington, WA

Answers:
Dog With Separation Anxiety Problems 06/06/2006
It's going to take a lot of time, love and understanding since she is insecure. We had a puppy at 12 weeks old that had this problem. It took almost a year before she settled down and trusted us. Until the day she died at the age of 12 years, she still was sensitive. We know she was abused and abandoned. She was with five different families who couldn't put up with her. She was a wreck when we adopted her. It was a lot of work, but in the end, it was well worth it. She turned out to be a great pet and companion. So if you don't think everyone can be loving and understanding, remember she is only an animal, find someone who will take the responsibility to give her a loving home. I have to admit, I was lucky to be a stay-at-home Mom. Being home, I not only was there for my kids but also all our pets. I was always told that my kids and my pets were well-mannered. Good luck.
By mkymlp
My dog has issues when it rains or storms whatsoever. For 3 nights I was up with no sleep, he cannot relax or lay down. I called our vet & they prescribed anxiety meds for him. Now when a storm is on the way I give him a pill & it works like a charm. They have all kinds of different meds that will help your pet. Please take good care of her, animals have feelings & should be taken care of as if they are children.
By MawMawto4 (Guest Post)