Dollar Store Photo Album For Recipes

I use inexpensive (dollar store) 4 x 6 photo albums to store all my favorite recipes. Works equally well for neatly typed recipes, or those recipes hastily copied from the TV screen.

By Barb

Answers:

Dollar Store Photo Album For Recipes

I use photo albums as well. They work great. They keep the recipes clean, allowing you to wipe the plastic cover if anything spills, plus if you decide you no longer wish to make it, it is easily pulled and tossed. Great idea!

Laura (03/14/2005)

By DDSS2000

Dollar Store Photo Album For Recipes

I use ones that I got like from Wal Mart. They are the kind that hold three 4x6 inch pictures on a page. I have been doing this for years and have 2 or 3 of these albums with my recipes in them, plus all the ones i have categorized in MS Word. (03/14/2005)

By Linda

Dollar Store Photo Album For Recipes

I do this too!! I have the 4x6 lined index cards for handwritten recipes.

This makes a great gift for someone starting out too! (03/16/2005)

By beanygurl

Dollar Store Photo Album For Recipes

Thanks for the wonderful job you did on this Barb. We sure appreciate your hard work.
(03/16/2005)

By Susan from ThriftyFun

Little Recipe Books

I went to the 99 cent store and bought 4 small 4x6 photo albums with plastic pockets. Then I bought 4x6 index cards and made recipe books out of them. I labeled one "main dishes", one "side dishes", one "desserts", and one "soups". I stood them up on end and each binder is labeled with which book it is and they look nice on my counter and are handy. The plastic inserts also keep my pages clean.

By Linda Jonson
(09/30/2005)

By ThriftyFun

Dollar Store Photo Album For Recipes

I think it's a great idea, my friend does this and it works great. I loved the one she has.

(09/30/2005)

By PeggyGV

Dollar Store Photo Album For Recipes

Thanks so much, this is a great idea, I have friends that are all having grandchildren, lots and lots??!!

I have a $ store, Big Lots and K-Mart all in the same "block", I'll be going tomorrow! Bless you!
Thanks again. (09/30/2005)

By Sally

Dollar Store Photo Album For Recipes

I have been making these albums for recipes for years. I give them as gifts for wedding showers. I have recipes saved in MS Word and I print them out on card stock and cut them to fit with a paper cutter to make the job easier. I even made Printed section dividers between the different categories like Appetizers, beverages, etc. I print pictures of real food on these dividers and it makes it look more professional. These make great gifts, and I feel that this gift is a part of myself given to each bride and give them many of my own Tried and True recipes I have used over the years, as well as ones I have wanted to try.

The pictures of the cook book shown looks so much like mine, it is amazing. I got my photo albums from The Dollar Tree. They are in Loose Leaf Notebook style just like these. It is a really thrifty gift.

(09/30/2005)

By Linda from PA

Dollar Store Photo Album For Recipes

Wow, what a great idea. Thanx for sharing apparently I'm the only that hasn't heard or done this, LOL Have a good day all, (09/30/2005)

By grammar

Dollar Store Photo Album For Recipes

This would make a great bridal shower gift, or for a new grad off to college (or even a bachelor) (10/01/2005)

By Debbie

Dollar Store Photo Album For Recipes

What a great idea! I have been wanting to give my only daughter a recipe book of simple recipes for Christmas and I think this would be a great way to do it (10/01/2005)

By Betts

Dollar Store Photo Album For Recipes

WOW! I must have been under a rock, this is a new idea for me. I think this is a grand idea. thanks a lot. I am trying to make presents for Christmas and this is sooo good for me. Keep passing on your ideas! (10/14/2006)

By wichypoo

Uses for Photo Albums
Alternative Uses for Photo Albums
Quilted Photo Album Cover
Making a Quilted Photo Album Cover
Decorated Photo Album
Decorating A Photo Album
A pile of old photos.
Making a Photo Quilt
🎄