Keeping Recipes Organized

If you are like me and have literally hundreds of recipes, I would suggest that you purchase several photo albums and place your loose recipes in there. That way they are organized and easy to find.

By Robin from Washington, IA

Editors Note: Robin is our #1 contributor of recipes for ThriftyFun. If you get our daily Recipe Newsletter, you have definitely seen some of her hundreds of recipes. Thanks, Robin!

Robin is a great cook. I have printed so many of her recipes that i could fill several whole photo albumns. Thanks Robin!!

Thanks for the idea, Robin! I enjoy cooking and I like to try new recipes. For the ones I print off the internet, I print on both sides of a sheet of paper and slip into a clear page protector. I then put in a binder. I have made up quite a few of these binders according to category so in other words, I've made my own cookbooks. If I try a recipe and we like it, it stays and I write notations right on the sheet but if we don't really love it, then I pitch. I love to cook for my family....I also love to eat and my body shows it :-(

Robin,

I am so glad you share so many wonderful and tasty

recipes with us. Your tips are great too.

Thank you.

Annie

I used to love to collect recipes. I put them in my breadbox until it was stuffed. So I never tried any of them, too much of a mess. After a while I realized that I really don't like to cook. So I "organized" my recipes by dumping the whole stash of them into the trash.(I was moving so had to do something) I found I don't miss them at all. If I really need a recipe for something I can just look it up on someplace like this. And they're already "tried and true". Thanks, Pam

Thank you Robin,

I have saved many, many of your recipes.I am a total Fan.I am now looking for them to see what's new.

I have a computer program called "TreePad" that does a fine job of keeping them organized,and I still have acess to it offline.

I wonder if you will publish your own cookbook?Could you tell us a little about yourself,and a picture maybe?

Dianne, Upstate NY

Robin posts a lot of recipes but so do several other members. I would like to thank "everyone"who does.

Robin, If you have hundreds of recipes they aren't going to fit in "a few photo albums"!

Of course hundreds of recipes will fit into a few photo albums. Amazon.com has several photo albums that hold 200-500 photos each. That's 200-500 recipe cards each. Just do the math. It works.

http://www.amaz  -8692058?ie=UTF8

And be nice. Don't poo-poo someone's idea before thinking about weather or not it actually works.

And be appreciative. If someone makes a lot of contributions, they deserve more recognition than someone who contributes one or two recipes a year.

I've seen a lot of insensitive comments on thriftyfun.com lately. If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all. And aren't moderators supposed to check stuff before it's posted?

Way to go Allison, I totally agree. I probably just made someone made a few minutes ago but I think if someone asks a question, answer it, dont break down what they said and give them advice they didnt ask for. Ok shutting up now, except to say I clicked on here to give a big HURRAH to Robin, I always know I will see her name on the recipe postings somewhere and I have downloaded a many of them. So Thanks ROBIN and thanks everyone who gives there time to make this a wonderful newsletter.

You can use a notebook binder and page protectors for full page

recipes.