Don't Pour Grease Down The Drain

I've changed how I get rid of meat grease when I drain hamburger or other fatty meats. We don't think about it, but all that grease does end up in streams, lakes, and the ocean when we pour it down the drain. Drain your grease into a safe container, (i.e. coffee can, etc.), then you can either add some shredded junk mail to it and toss in the trash.

If you're in the country like me, add some stale bread to it and let the birds in your yard have at it! They sure love the treat, and you're keeping all that grease from your drains and our natural resources.

By aloham58 from Onalaska, WA

Answers:

Don't Pour Grease Down The Drain

If you have access to pinecones or corncobs, you can dip them in the grease, let it cool a bit then roll in birdseed. (02/20/2011)

By latrtatr

Don't Pour Grease Down The Drain

I do the same I throw bread cubes in the grease for the birds. Up here in the Northeast, its so cold. The fat is good for the birds. (02/20/2011)

By Lynda (crabby)

Don't Pour Grease Down The Drain

You can also mix it with oatmeal for the birdies! (02/21/2011)

By libsmum

Don't Pour Grease Down The Drain

I found that by using the WonderPour Kitchen Spout for straining and pouring the grease from hamburger and bacon is really good, no mess. I can pour it straight into a resealable container for disposal and continue cooking my spaghetti sauce, tacos. I love seeing all that grease gone and my family is not eating it. Less fat, less calories. (04/18/2011)

By kim145

Don't Pour Grease Down The Drain
Metal sink drain.
Getting Rid of Drain Flies
Leftover Coffee
Uses for Leftover Coffee
grease stain on carpet
Cleaning Grease Stains on Carpet
tub drain
Retrieving Parts from a Broken Drain
🎄