Dryer Sheet Air Freshener

I put a dryer sheet on the back of my fans in my apartment. It stays in place when the fans are on. As the fan blows the air, the dryer sheet smell is circulated throughout my apartment. I find that it works better than sprays or candles. I live in a basement apartment and find that this gets rid of the musty smell and leaves it smelling fresh and clean.

By Mary from Chicago, IL

Answers:

Dryer Sheet Air Freshener

Hey this is a "cool" idea, sorry for the pun. It also works well in a vehicle. I place a new sheet under the back seat and on hot days it freshens the interior as well. Stay fresh! (06/16/2006)

By Betsy

Dryer Sheet Air Freshener

I read that formaldehyde is in dryer sheets to soften the clothes and anytime we vent the air back into the house for the humidity or use it against our skin we have inhaled or exposed ourselves to a known toxin.You need to deal with the mold or mildew problem source.(06/19/2006)

By Ladybugv2

Dryer Sheet Air Freshener

Another thing you can do is get an old pan you don't care much about and put water in it. Then put about 3 dryer sheets in and simmer on stove. It permeates your whole house and makes it smell so good! I like to take a spray bottle and put liquid softener in it, about a third of the bottle and fill it up with water, shake well and spray everywhere. How refreshing! (12/15/2008)

By Cynthia