Drying Chives

I just brought in a bunch of Chives from my garden and would like to know the best way to dry them.

Thanks.
Maryeileen

Answers:

Drying Chives

Don't dry them, freeze them. I take all my cut herbs, rinse them, blot dry and put in a freezer baggie. It's nice to have a handful of "fresh" Italian Parsley for homemade sauce. I always keep a bag of pre-chopped Vidalia onions in the freezer. When a recipe calls for diced onion, the work's all done and it's a Vidalia that is only available a certain time of the year. Just remember to label it. I actually pre-cut them. You wouldn't want to throw in Lemon Thyme, when you thought it was Parsley. All are really good in fresh salad dressings, too. (09/30/2005)

By CarlaJS

Drying Chives
Drying Chives
Dried orange slices, bundle of cinnamon sticks, and cloves.
Drying Oranges
A pile of dried apple slices.
Drying Apples
Growing Chives
Growing Chives
Preserving Fresh Chives
Preserving Fresh Chives
🎉
🎄