Dyeing Carpet

Does anyone know anything about dyeing carpet? I have a nice carpet in a small bedroom, that is 70's gold and would like to dye it myself.

By Putsy from Harrisburg, PA

Dyeing Carpet

I used to own a carpet service and it depends on how old and worn your carpet is. If the fibers are too worn down, it won't take up the dye evenly, so the high traffic areas will be a slightly different color than the rest of the carpet and you won't have a uniform look. You can get by with a slightly darker color than the gold you have now if you just want to get a little bit more wear out of it. You can, however, ask several different companies to come and give you a bid. See what they say to you when they look at your carpet. Good luck. (08/23/2009)

By PrincessVal

Dyeing Carpet

My aunt did hers. Every time we went over there we left with dye on us from it bleeding. (11/24/2009)

By lynn1071

Dyeing Carpet
A package of cornmeal.
Dry Carpet Cleaner Recipes
Saving Money on Carpet, Installing Carpet
Saving Money on Carpet
shoe polish
Removing Shoe Polish from Carpet
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet, Upclose photo of carpet.
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet