Dyeing Carpet

I wasn't quite sure how I got these bleached looking spots on my carpet then I realized they came from an acne medication that I had been using. Will someone please tell me how to dye the carpet? The color of the carpet is beige. Thank you.

By Amy from Miami, FL

Answers:

Dyeing Carpet

When I used to install carpet my boss recommended people use a permanent marker for discoloration and spots. Buy a marker that matches your carpet and color back to color. (11/27/2009)

By Suntydt

Dyeing Carpet

Depending on the size of the spot, you can use fabric paint. It comes in a zillion colors at the craft store. I used it on my bathroom carpet after I spilled a couple drops of bleach on it. You just get a watercolor paintbrush, dab a bit of fabric paint on the spot, and let it dry. You can even mix a couple of shades of paint in the bottle cap until you get it just right. I can't even tell where it was touched up. (11/30/2009)

By libadmin

Dyeing Carpet

Try tea (regular black, not green or herbal), either in the form of bags or loose leaves like they drink it in the UK. You will probably have to experiment (like how many bags and how long you steep it, etc.) on an unseen part of the carpet (like in a closet?) or some other surface to get the color right so it's not too dark; but give it a try. A friend of mine who made and dyed her own yarn used a dye made from tea for the brown shades and said it made a good permanent dye. Good luck! (11/30/2009)

By Lynn from CA

Dyeing Carpet
A package of cornmeal.
Dry Carpet Cleaner Recipes
Saving Money on Carpet, Installing Carpet
Saving Money on Carpet
shoe polish
Removing Shoe Polish from Carpet
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet, Upclose photo of carpet.
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet
🎉
🎄