Dying Suede Shoes

Does anyone know how to dye suede shoes? I have a pair of bright blue suede loafers that somehow look like bedroom slippers. I would like to change them to brown or even red. Please help.

PatsAZ from Arizona, in the Desert

Dying Suede Shoes Cream

If you use bleach to remove the present color, the suede will probably turn yellow brownish. Perhaps if you use a product that the silk painter uses to remove color it might do a better job. Try contacting Rainbow Silks in England. They carry all the products needed for fabric painting and dying. Tell them your problem, perhaps they can help. A friend of mine used fabric paint on her shoes and had set it with a hair dryer. (04/04/2005)

By Janette Budnark

Dying Suede Shoes

I checked in with our local leather and saddle shop a while back with the same question. I was told there is no way to do it and have it come out looking good. They checked and could find no solution.

Good luck, and by all means let us know if you find a way. (01/14/2007)

By patsAZ

Dyeing Suede Shoes
Suede Couch
Cleaning Cat Urine From Suede
Dirty tennis shoes.
Cleaning Tennis Shoes
Man Repairing a Shoe
Repairing Shoes
Suede Boots
Cleaning Suede Boots