Cleaning Rain Stains on Suede Shoes?

Single black women's suede bootI have these brand new clogs which i think are made out of suede. the style is sometimes called potato shoes. so I was wearing them and it started to rain when I was walking home, and now it just looks like the raindrops on these shoes never dried up. its been 2 days? How do I get rid of this?

Allie from Washington, DC

Answers

I use a light brush on them, bring up the suede of the shoes and blend in discoloration. A rag may work, but not as well as a brush.

Try to find a suede brush, or suede stone and brush. The stone is used to remove the stains, and the brush returns the shoes to their former condition. If you live in a cold or rainy climate, you might want to consider getting a water proofing spray. You can find both the suede brush and spray at Walmart or any store like that. Look in the shoe section. By spraying the shoes with a waterproofing spray, you will also protect them from future stains. But you can use the stone and brush to clean them at any time. Suede or Nubuck don't do well in bad weather. A can of spray and a stone and brush will be a very worthwhile investment. HTH

Silver Post Medal for All Time! 288 Posts

I read along time ago that you can use an emery board to lightly "sand" raindrops off suede shoes. I never buy suede shoes so I never tried it. Hope it works for you. GG Vi

By dexter (Guest Post)

Brushing and rubbing with emory boards work for me.

Home and Garden Cleaning LeatherAugust 8, 2016
😎
📓
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Cleaning-Rain-Stains-on-Suede-Shoes.html