Earache Pain Relief

What can I do to help with an ear ache?

By Amy Beth from Dallas, TX

Answers:

Earache Pain Relief

If the earache stems from an inflamed wisdom tooth or a tooth, you can take a sinus medication and this works wonders for me. It will even get my wisdom tooth to go back to normal and not be inflamed any longer and the earache will also disappear. (08/12/2009)

By lorraina

Earache Pain Relief

When I was a child my mother would use clove oil for ear aches. She would put some on a teaspoon then heat it slightly with a match under the spoon. You have to make sure the oil is warm, not hot. She would then pour the oil in our ear and put some cotton to keep out any cold air. Usually she only had to do this once or twice to help the earache. The clove oil helps the pain and warming the oil helps to break down the wax buildup. (08/17/2009)

By K Kwaak

Earache Pain Relief

Ditto to the poster who mentioned hydrogen peroxide. I'm prone to sinus infections and ignoring them until they involve the ear canal, too. My GP told me to throw a couple of drops of the peroxide full-strength into the ear to alleviate the pain quickly and until the doc can look at it if the pain persists or is accompanied by any discharge, bleeding or fever.

The peroxide will degrade ear wax, if a buildup of that is your only problem and will also help to bubble out some of the infection if there's one brewing there.

If the pain persists, though, off to the doctor is your best bet. Using home remedies for a long-term fix isn't a good idea, and there's always the danger of a ruptured eardrum after infection kicks in. (08/17/2009)

By PupperMom

Earache Pain Relief

I use "sweet oil" for an earache. 1 teaspoon in and tilt your ear slightly and use a 1/2 cotton ball. Works for me. (08/20/2009)

By castleberrycc

Earache Pain Relief

Press your ear against a hot water bottle (covered, of course), or make a hot compress and place on your ear. Hope you feel better soon. (08/24/2009)

By Jenny1970

little girl frowning and holding her ear
Home Remedies for Earache Pain
Relieving Pain from Bone Spurs
Relieving Pain from Bone Spurs
Hot Water Bottle
Using a Hot Water Bottle
Shingles
Remedies for Shingles Pain
Using acupressure on a foot.
Using Acupressure for Foot Pain
🎄