Easing Earaches

A warm hairdryer blown over the ear area will often help to ease earaches.

By Bobbie

Answers:

Easing Earaches

I had a severe ear infection and the ENT told me to wash it out with vinegar and alcohol. Sounds nasty but, oh my, it worked, the infection cleared up. I was also taking an antibiotic. I even found the remedy on Web MD. so now I keep a bottle of the concoction in the bathroom and wash my ears out daily with it. He said once you get one like that, you are predetermined to get more. but I also use the hair dryer to dry them out. (05/03/2005)

By Sandy

Easing Earaches

My daughter gets ear infections at least once a year (usually on the weekend when the doctor isn't in) so I put a warm wash cloth over her ear. Its a quick fix if you have a crying child on your hands.

It eases the pain until I can get her to the doctor's office. (05/03/2005)

By luv2craft

EAR ACHE REMEDY:

Take a small piece of cotton cloth and put about a tablespoon of salt into it, tie with a string to make a kind of bag and put it into the microwave to warm, it will only take a few seconds. Touch the warm salt bag to the ear and hold there and it will take away the ear ache almost right away! Good for little children ear aches.
(05/05/2005)

By ferretmom

Easing Earaches

When my son would get an earache, he always wanted to use ice for the pain. I would argue with him because I always read that warmth would ease the pain. I never had an earache so I wouldn't know. I asked the doctor about this. He answered whatever eases the pain for him, let him use it. When my kids were sick, my doctor always told me to let them eat and drink what they wanted as long as it was nutritious. The only exception was if they had stomach problems - vomiting, diarrhea, etc. that was treated differently.

(05/07/2005)

By mkymlp

Easing Earaches

Try sitting up rather than lying down. (12/10/2008)

By Gemma