Easy Pie Crust Recipe

Would like to make a simple pie crust.

Antoinette from Hawaii

Easy Pie Crust Recipe

I don't have the recipe in front of me, but if you go to the Martha Stewart site and look up her Easy Pie Crust or Pastry, it's really great. You can put it together in a food processor in a couple of minutes--and it's so easy even the Pastry-challenged (like me!) can pull it off! (09/25/2007)

Easy Pie Crust Recipe

Type in No Fail pie crust and you will find the best pie crust EVER. I use it ALL the time. It has 1 egg and a tiny bit of vinegar (09/25/2007)

By Susieq from Buck head, GA

Easy Pie Crust Recipe

From my mother's 50+ year old cookbook. This is the best one I have ever made, the only one I use, actually.

• 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
  • 2/3 cup shortening
  • 1 teaspoon salt (these days I don't use any salt when cooking for my parents and it turns out just fine)
  • 1/3 cup ice water

Using a pastry blender, cut shortening into flour, add salt. When it's ready, there should be pea-sized bits of flour and shortening. Gradually add up to 1/3 cup ice water - varies due to weather. Use pastry blender a few times to knead it together. When it forms almost a ball, you finish kneading, gently, by hand. Rolls immediately because of the ice water, no need to refrigerate first. (09/25/2007)

By Charlotte

Easy Pie Crust
An apple pie with a delicious looking pie crust.
Pie Crust Tips and Tricks
cheesecake with graham cracker crust
Dessert Ideas With a Graham Cracker Crust
Pie Crust Recipes
Pie Crust Recipes
Photo of vanilla wafer cookies which can be used to make pie crust.
Cookie Pie Crust Recipes