Enhancing the Color of Grey Hair

I love my grey hair and want to "enhance" it not cover it. What can I do?

By officergrammy from Upstate NY

Answers:

Enhancing the Color of Grey Hair

I think a lot would depend on genetics. I've been "going silver" (much nicer word than grey!) since I was about 25 and now have almost totally white hair. I've used Jhirmack Silver shampoo and their conditioner for over 20 years and get compliments constantly. My hair also looks its best when it's not too curly. A little bend and flip or large curls are fine, but the "wash and wear" for me looks witchy. I also favor short (no longer than shoulder length) for grey hair for the same reason. Basically I'd say a shampoo with bluing is the best advice. (02/07/2010)

By Glenn'sMom

Enhancing the Color of Grey Hair

Years ago, a friend told me about Shimmer Lights by Clairol, a conditioning shampoo that takes away the yellow and adds sparkle and shine. I get the generic brand from Sally's. It's good stuff. (02/08/2010)

By Hate Litter

Enhancing the Color of Grey Hair

Believe it or not, White Rain shampoo highlights silver. Like any shampoo, periodically you'll want to shampoo with a "stripper" type (to remove residue) and then return to your usual. (02/09/2010)

By 2oma

Enhancing the Color of Grey Hair

Shampoos with bluing made my gray hair look dark and dull. I found that Citre Shine products and Garnier Fructis Style Brilliantine Shine Glossing Spray make my gray hair shine without changing the color. (02/09/2010)

By Lady Bee

Enhancing the Color of Grey Hair
A woman with long hair.
Growing Hair Faster
Dark Circles Under Eyes
Remedies for Dark Circles Under Eyes
Up close photo of red, wavy hair.
Homemade Hair Dye Recipes
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink
🎄