Feces Stains on Underwear

I need some advice on how to get feces stain out of white underwear. Any suggestions?

Robin from Washington, IA

Answers:

Feces Stains on Underwear

There is a post under "whiter whites" that I was looking at when I went to "new feedback" at the top of the screen. Under that post there are suggestions about using lemon juice and dishwasher soap to get whites brighter. Maybe one of those two solutions would work for you. If you find an answer be sure to share with the rest of us! (12/08/2006)

By Persnickety Paula

Feces Stains on Underwear

You can try hydrogen peroxide, setting out in strong sunlight, dishwasher detergent, or soaking in a basin of cold water where a couple of tablets of denture cleaner have been added. (12/08/2006)

By stillahippie56

Feces Stains on Underwear

If the fabric isn't extremely fragile you can apply a solution of half liquid chlorine bleach and half water to the stains. Make sure the stained item is soaking wet before you apply this. Watch the stained area. When the stain has disappeared rinse it well several times, then wash as usual with detergent. If you feel the item won't tolerate chlorine bleach then, I would dissolve equal parts of BIZ and Clorox II (non chlorine bleach), maybe 1/2 cup each, or 1 cup each in a plastic gallon container of warm/cool water and just let it soak as long as needed, maybe several days. You could probably add some of the new OxiClean powder too as it seems to work well also.
Afterward I would make sure I rinsed the item very well several times to make sure all bleach/chemicals were rinsed out. (12/09/2006)

By Grandma Margie

Feces Stains on Underwear

I use the Melaleuca dishwasher detergent and it works on everything that is white. (12/10/2006)

Feces Stains on Underwear

I am a huge fan of hydrogen peroxide. Put it in a spray bottle and as soon as the underwear come off spray the stains and let the peroxide work a while. Then wash as usual. If they have to wait for a load to wash you might put an old diaper pail to work and soak them in Borateem and water till you get a load to wash. (12/11/2006)

By Carla

Feces Stains on Underwear

Try a mixture of equal amounts of dishwasher detergent, laundry detergent, and bleach in hot water. I use a cup of each in my washer. Rinse at least twice as it is a potent mixture and can be hard on the skin. It works.

(12/28/2006)

Feces Stains on Underwear

1. Don't let such stains dry on the garment. Get rid of immediately by washing it out with hand soap, or dish washing detergent. Make sure the garment can take the chemicals.

2. If the stain is dried onto something like cotton underwear, use Greased Lightning. Spray it on like you would Shout Out, or Spray and Wash. Rub it in really well, and rinse with hot, hot water. Launder as normal.

3. Blood stains can be removed from cotton by swabbing bleach on the garment with a cotton swab like a Q-tip. Rinse immediately. (12/05/2008)
  4. By Tim From Science Hill

Two pairs of men's boxer briefs in the colors white and red hanging on a clothesline
Cleaning Feces Stains on Underwear
Underwear on Clothes Line
Removing Stains on Underwear
Grape juice that is splashing out of the cup.
Removing Grape Juice Stains from a Tablecloth
A pile of women's underwear.
Organizing Your Underwear Drawer
An organized underwear drawer.
Organizing Underwear
🎉
🎄