Feeding a Cat Soft Food

Some cat owners prefer to feed their cats soft canned cat food rather than dry kibble. This is a guide about feeding a cat soft food.

soft cat food
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

I saw that it is better to feed a cat homemade or canned food than to give it dry food, since a cat will not drink enough water for it's own health. Probably a better idea might be to mix soft food with dry food or do all soft food.

Also, neutering a male cat too young can lead to problems later in life.

Source: pethealth101.com

By Robyn Fed from Hampton, TN

CommentMoreRead More...Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes

For those of us who have cats, you know how cat food sticks to their feeding dish and is hard to scrub away. My tip is to cut the top off an empty laundry jug but leave the jug handle.

Once done, use the jug to soak the small cat food dishes. I suggest you use more than one small cat food dish so that when one dish is on the floor feeding fussy-the- feline, the other dish is soaking in the jug. Do not over feed your cat. One or two spoonfuls of canned food at a feeding is enough. Store the rest in a plastic container in the fridge. Your cat will ask for more food later in the day. You will actually save money on cat food!

Why? Because when given too much food, the little fur balls tend to eat only a certain amount,then they leave the rest to dry up in the dish. At least with the jug method of cleaning, you won't have to waste time scrubbing dried cat food out of cat food dishes.

By Joseph from Laval Quebec, Canada

I recently rescued a stray cat. He is a beautiful, affectionate cat. He loves canned (wet) cat food, but it seems to give him massive diarrhea. Is there a brand that I can pick up at the grocery store that is safer on their stomachs without breaking my budget at the same time?

Just an FYI, he's been spaded, had all his shots, and is doing well health wise. He only has the diarrhea problem when fed the wet food.

By Lee from VA

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Hello,

Please take your baby and a stool sample to your veterinarian. Your doctor can advise you on what to do. Good luck

Read More Answers...
Pets CatsMay 22, 2013
Two male Persian cats.
Neutered Male Cat Mounting Other Male Cats
Baby Bottle Feeding
Bottle Feeding Your Baby
Teens Eating Pizza
Saving Money on Feeding Teens
Soft Boiled Egg
Making a Soft Boiled Egg
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on April 26, 2016 at 4:04:37 AM on 10.0.2.19 in 658 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.