Finding Natural Spring Water

A glass catching clear spring water.
This is a guide about finding natural spring water. Drinking clean, fresh chemical free water is important for everyone's health.

Finding great water to drink is so important for health, especially if you are subject to a municipal water source and wish to eliminate chlorine, etc from your water, but purchasing bottled water from the store can add up both in terms of money and waste.

A solution we've been able to find is locating and using a spring water.

1. If you visit the site below, you have a high likelihood of locating a spring water source, usually freely accessible, near you.

2. To start a seed collection of bottles, you can purchase a dozen or so plastic bottles; drink them, and wash them. Additionally you could instead buy specific empty bottles for this purpose.

3. After each use/before being refilled, disinfect/clean either with full strength hydrogen peroxide, or a 1/10 bleach/water solution - I tend to want to use hydrogen peroxide unless the bottles have gotten particularly nasty.

4. Go fill them up at your chosen/found location.

5. Store the bottles in a cool dark place; i.e., a basement.

Source: Someone locally turned me on to the spring we use and she showed us the website I linked to. You can use it to find a spring in your local area.

Link: http://www.findaspring.com/category/locations/

Editor's Note: There may be health concerns with drinking water from untreated natural sources. Here is the Find a Spring site's disclaimer: Please independently test all spring water before you make the decision to consume it. This website is simply a source for locating springs, we do not validate water safety. You take full responsibility for your decision.

I live in Hot Springs Arkansas, and we are blessed with free water from the hot springs that are known world wide for their health benefits. This water is piped to "Jug fountains" in several places in town. Some of the fountains dispense hot water and others dispense cold water. If you have Mountain Valley bottled spring water in your area, this is collected and bottled here from a spring a few miles outside of town.

Harlean from Arkansas

We used to go collect spring water when I was a kid, but now I have no clue if any of these spots are still available. The city used to provide pumps for them.

The link you gave took me to a page with no information, got another one? Thanks

This link is working fine for me, from the article.

http://www.find … egory/locations/

That's amazing! We live in hot Springs nc