Finding and Entering Sweepstakes and Contests

Winning Sweepstakes
We love to enter contests. The promise of winning a prize of just about any kind is exciting. This is a guide about finding and entering sweepstakes and contests.

Since my husband and I are retired, we are living on a limited budget. I have found a lot of tips on how to save money submitted by your readers. I have saved some money by using your site. Now my tip is how to earn some extra money. Become a member of ThriftyFun, then ask your friends and relatives for some tips and good recipes. Think back of all the tips and recipes your mom and other family members have given you over the years and post them.

I have earned some extra money that way. It has given me some extra money to get some extra things I want or need. You have nothing to lose, you can only gain by submitting your favorite tips and recipes. Thanks to all of you who have voted on my recipes and tips. I hope you vote on this also. I could use the extra money!

By dwedenoja

Editor's Note: Please send us all your frugal tips, crafts, recipes and more! We have several different contests running each month. Here is the link directly to our Contest page:

http://www2.thriftyfun.com/Contests

Enter contests, especially local ones! I just won 2 tickets to a classical music concert through my local classical station! (at a $50-60 value). Years ago I read some article that said that local contests had better odds than national ones, so always enter them. It's true, by following that advice I have for the first time won things.

So enter every little contest you see, (especially since now they don't cost even postage if you do it on the internet!)

If you enter many sweepstakes, create a separate email account for use as part of your submissions. This will help keep junk mail down for your regular email address.

By Robert R.

Sweepstakes are an easy way to live frugally. Numerous sweepstakes sites exist on the web, but if you want to search for the best ones, look online for "limit one per day", "instant win" or "winner will be notified".

By Shawna from Orange County, CA