- 1 lb. fish fillets, fresh or frozen (I use frozen Tilapia)
- 1 package frozen mixed vegetables (or use fresh or canned and choose the amount, more if you want to stretch the pie)
- 1 can condensed cream of Celery Soup (or make your own white sauce and add celery)
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp onion salt
- 1 cup prepared biscuit mix (such as Bisquick, but I make my own mix)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese (we like cheddar)
Thaw frozen fish; cut into 1 inch pieces.combine soup, mixed veggies, 1/2 cup milk, onion salt in 10 inch fry pan. Mix well and heat slowly about 5 minutes. Add fish, heat until bubbly.; pour into an 8 x 8 inch casserole baking dish.combine biscuit mix, cheese and remaining 1/2 cup milk in a bowl; stir to make a smooth dough. Spoon into even mounds onto the hot fish mixture. Bake in a hot oven (400 degrees F) for 18-20 minutes, or until biscuits are done and browned. (I put a pan under the casserole dish because the mixture sometimes bubbles over.) Serves 4.
By Linda from FL
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Related Content(article continues below)
In This Article
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on February 24, 2017 at 4:56:50 AM on 10.0.2.237 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us