Fixing Boys Clothes to Work for Girls

In having to help raise my grandchildren - 2 boys and a girl. I have taken to cutting a few corners to make ends meet. The boys being the oldest, hand me downs went ok. But I did not want to put boy clothes on a little girl. So I sewed cute little designer buttons or appliques on the pockets to give them a little feminine touch. No one knew that they weren't bought that way unless I chose to tell them. I did the same with some of the solid color shirts -- a bow at the neck line made it look like it belonged to her.

By Carol from Huber Heights, OH

Answers:

Fixing Boys Clothes to Work for Girls

What a wonderful idea!! Thanks so much for the tip, I will definitely use it, especially when I am at a garage sale or thrift shop! (03/02/2006)

By crys7881

Fixing Boys Clothes to Work for Girls

To make big brother's hand me downs or thrift shop clothing look more feminine for a little girl, employ the use of lace, ribbons, bows, appliques, fancy buttons. Lace can be sewed to necklines or cuffs of tops or pants. Lace sewed to the hems of pants can also make short pants long enough again. You can get some 'basic items' (t shirts, turtlenecks?) in traditional girl colors on sale and mix them into her wardrobe. Those paired with something you have embellished, who would know? (03/02/2006)

By kidsNclutter

Fixing Boys Clothes to Work for Girls

Great tip. Something I would have never thought of and I know some friends who could use this tip. (03/02/2006)

By meoowmom

Buying Boys Clothes For Girls
Kids gathered around cake at birthday.
14th Birthday Party Ideas for Boys
Putting on Jeans
Saving Money on Clothes While Dieting
Daughters Horse Riding Daddy
Raising Girls
Cake with a 13 candles on it.
13th Birthday Party Ideas for Boys
🎉
🎄