Fixing a Slow Drain

How can I clean out my bath tub drain? I've pulled out a clog of hair, but it still doesn't drain properly. I don't want to have to hire a plumber. I've also poured hot water down it and a drain cleaner. It's still slow.

By Pat from Mid-MI

Answers:

Fixing a Slow Drain

Because you already used commercial drain cleaner, wear rubber gloves and goggles for safety. While running water into tub, use the toilet plunger (this will bring up a lot of yuk from the drain. Wipe this up with paper towels. Don't allow it to go back down the drain. Plunge until you achieve results.

Then add 1/2 cup baking soda and 1 cup white vinegar. Let stand approximately 30 minutes. Pour in a quart of boiling water, then run cold water to rinse clear. Repeat if necessary. Remember to use baking soda, vinegar, and boiling water every month or two, and you will never buy Liquid Plumber again! (02/16/2010)

By psr1lady

Fixing a Slow Drain

Enforcer Drain Care. It eats hair and gook. Safe and natural. (02/19/2010)

By muttmom

Fixing a Slow Drain

I bring a pot of white vinegar to a boil and pour it down the drain every now and then. It seems to work. (02/19/2010)

By Stngray

Fixing a Slow Drain

Although I have never tried this, a friend told me about pouring in a whole can of any kind of cola soda pop. She says it works wonderfully. (02/19/2010)

By catcrony

Clearing a Clogged Bathtub Drain, Pulling Hair From Clogged Drain
Clearing a Clogged Bathtub Drain
laundry room with utility sink, washer, and dryer
Making a Lint Trap for a Washtub Drain
Metal sink drain.
Getting Rid of Drain Flies
tub drain
Retrieving Parts from a Broken Drain
Office chair with lime green cushions.
Fixing a Squeaky Office Chair
🎉
🎄