Flower Seeds

I just started a flower garden. I spent a lot of money on annuals. I would like to know if there are any web sites that show you what flower seeds look like so next year I won't have to spend so much money. I'm sure there must be several sites. I am not too good on the computer though. Thanks.

Lu-Lu

Answers:

Flower Seeds

Too true, perennials seem to cost more to start with, but you get results much sooner, just don't forget a lot of perennials can be grown easily from seed. Or better still, beg cuttings of flowers you like in your family's, friends', or neighbours' gardens. Most gardeners are happy to share their plants with you as well as some of their own gardening expertise.

Some good on-line sites to give you some ideas:
gardensablaze.com
organicgardening.com
grow-your-own-garden.com
thompson-morgan.com

Happy gardening.
(06/29/2004)

By Lizaixi

Flower Seeds

Flower seeds:

After the flower blooms and dies, often a type of pod will form. Once dry (very dry) and a little open you can see the seeds in the pods. You can save the complete pod in an envelope or empty the seeds into an envelop (marked with the name of the flower, I forgot one year to mark the envelope) to plant next spring. Don't forget the planting instructions (either found on the original seed packet or on-line).

I just found out that straw flowers are not to be covered with soil as they need the light to germinate-learn something new every day!
There are some flowers, like the Chinese Lantern, that forms a sheath like leaf with the seeds between the layers. You can see the seeds through the sheath of the Chinese lantern.
Azaleas, rose, rhodedenron bushes, etc., I feel, are better purchased. Many people do start the bushes from cuttings at the joints, but it can be difficult to start.
Nuts are the seeds of the trees and bushes.
Hope this helps. Happy gardening. (09/02/2006)

By mrsmootoo

Flower Seeds
Beautiful Flower Beds
Finding Free Flower Seeds
multicolored flowerbed on a lawn
Preventing Weeds in Flower Beds
Rose hips on rough wood background.
Growing Roses from Seed
Sowing seeds directly.
Direct Sowing Seeds
🎄