Foil Packet Recipes
One easy way to make a delicious meal is to package meat, spices, and perhaps some veggies in foil and bake them. This page contains foil packet recipes.
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
These are super healthy and tasty. They take a bit of prep, but I like to keep the un-cooked packets in the fridge for up to an entire week and simply pop them into the oven as needed. Cook once, eat all week... I'm happy!
Total Time: Hour?
Yield: 18 small servings
Source: Modified from a recipe in the book "Clean Eating".
- 5 lb red potatoes
- 4 red or yellow bell peppers
- 5 chicken breasts
- 4 tsp dried oregano
- 4 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tsp freshly ground sea salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 5 tablespoons, plus 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon, plus 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon, plus 1 teaspoon reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon, plus 1 teaspoon honey
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Wash, peel and slice your potatoes thinly using a mandolin slicer.
- Wash and slice your peppers into rings.
- Cube your chicken.
- Tear off large squares of foil and spray each with non-stick cooking spray. Arrange about 13 potato slices in the center of each.
- In a large bowl, toss your chicken with your garlic, oregano, rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Place a heaping 1/4 cup measure of chicken over the top of your potatoes.
- Arrange a couple pepper rings over this. Drizzle lightly with extra virgin olive oil.
- Fold up all edges securely and bake in a *425 oven for 30 minutes.
- For your dressing, combine your balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard, soy sauce and honey in a bowl. Whisk well. Drizzle even amounts over your cooked packets before eating. Enjoy!
- 1 chicken breast or a serving of stew meat (frozen individually)
- 1 onion sliced
- fresh or dried garlic, bell pepper, carrot or any other vegetable you like
- salt and pepper
- potatoes, sliced into rounds
Tear off a large enough square of aluminum foil to wrap around the chicken with a little extra. Place individually frozen chicken breast in the center of the individual square. Place onion slice and garlic on top of breast. Salt and pepper to taste. Put the potato slices or any other vegetable you like on top. Wrap the ends of the aluminum foil up tight to make individual packs.
Place into a dry crock pot (do not add any liquid). Leave all cooking on low in the crock pot and dinner is ready when you walk in the door. If I don't add potatoes I will sometimes add leftover rice that has been sauteed in butter.
January 19, 20062 found this helpful
- 2 cups Minute Brown Rice, uncooked
- 1 3/4 cups warm water
- 4 small boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 cup reduced rat ranch dressing
- 1 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 cups small broccoli florets
- 1 medium red pepper, chopped
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Combine rice and water; let stand 5 minutes while chopping veggies. Spoon rice mixture evenly onto center of each of 4 large sheets of heavy-duty aluminum foil. Top each with 1 chicken breast half; sprinkle with chili powder. Drizzle evenly with dressing; top with cheese and vegetables. Make packets by wrapping up. Place packets in single layer on large baking pan. Bake 25-30 minutes. Serves 4
By Robin from Washington, IA