Freeze Extra Buttermilk

I am wondering if you can freeze buttermilk. I have some left over from Christmas baking.

By Sandy from Sioux Falls, SD

Answers:

Freeze Extra Buttermilk

Yes, you can easily freeze buttermilk. I freeze 1/2 cup portions in muffin tins, then pop out when frozen and store in Ziplock bags. When thawed, stir well to combine in case it separates a little. (01/08/2010)

By melelm

Freeze Extra Buttermilk

I do the same thing with evaporated milk, I started doing the freezing thing when I had to make homemade kitten formula for seven kittens, and the evaporated milk would always ruin because I had to use so little at at a time. I will probably try freezing yogurt and pudding next.

I have been making lots of frozen dinners out of macaroni and cheese, green peas, and potatoes I boil for a couple of hours in the crock pot and then cut up. I am going to put dessert in too, in the form of pie filling cherries which have the gooey syrup washed off, and a little sugar added before I serve. I have to do this or the kids just pick and choose certain food groups. I also do this for the dogs, for their supplemental meals two or three times a week.

I even freeze tea in ice cube trays because I don't like weak tea, and the regular ice cubes dilute the tea, also freeze chicken broth and gravy, etc. Have fun.

Robyn (01/09/2010)

By Robyn Fed

Freeze Extra Buttermilk

Yes you can freeze it. It will separate a little, but just stir it up. (01/11/2010)

By Ann

Freeze Extra Buttermilk
Buttermilk in a metal cup.
Homemade Buttermilk Recipes
buttermilk substitute in a bowl
Substitute for Buttermilk in Recipes
Buttermilk Chicken
Buttermilk Chicken Recipes
buttermilk substitute in a bowl
Buttermilk Cake Recipes
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 24, 2017 at 5:30:14 AM on 10.0.1.55 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.