Freeze Your Cabbage For Rolls

For making stuffed cabbage rolls, put the cabbage in the freezer (whole) for a few hours until it's pretty solid. Take it out and leave it to thaw. The cabbage leaves will be soft and pliable - no need to boil them - and so easy to stuff and roll. Saves a lot of work!

By Cett from Malta, Europe

Freeze Your Cabbage For Rolls

Onions in the freezer for soups and stews reduces cooking time and crying time. Something about the cold cuts the strength of the aroma that makes you cry. (09/19/2007)

Freeze Your Cabbage For Rolls

Great tip, and boiling depletes the vitamin C that cabbage is known for. Much better! (09/19/2007)

By kimhis

Freeze Your Cabbage For Rolls

When I fix stuffed cabbage, I only cut off the leaves I need and put the rest in the crisper. I wash the leaves off in salt water and then put them in a pot of hot water till soft. They roll up ok for me and i don't waste the rest of the cabbage. I can use it another day and make two meals out of one cabbage. (09/19/2007)

By Margaret, TX

Freeze Your Cabbage For Rolls

Hi there! You don't HAVE to freeze the whole cabbage of course. Just take off the amount of leaves you want and freeze those. I use a whole cabbage because my kids love stuffed cabbage rolls in tomato sauce and I make a LOT to freeze portions for later. Saves even more time. (09/20/2007)

By cett

Freeze Your Cabbage For Rolls

What a great idea!!!It's a keeper. (09/20/2007)

By thriftmeg

Freeze Your Cabbage For Rolls
Growing Cabbage, Selecting Good Broccoli, Freezing Cabbage
Freezing Cabbage
Empty cardboard toilet paper rolls, ready for reusing.
Valentine Crafts Using Toilet Paper Rolls
Freshly baked white dinner rolls.
Saving Money on Dinner Rolls
Bok choy growing in a field.
Growing Chinese Cabbage