Italian Sausage Stuffed Cabbage Rolls Recipe
These delectable low carb cabbage rolls are sure to be hit with anyone who eats them. This page contains Italian sausage stuffed cabbage rolls recipe
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
These stuffed cabbage rolls have just a little heat from the tomatoes and red chilies, but they are so good you will want to make this again for sure.
Prep Time: 30 min.
Cook Time: 1-1/2 hours
Total Time: 2 hours
Yield: easy 6
- 1 large head of cabbage
- 1 can Sriracha diced tomatoes & red chilies
- 1 lg. can pasta sauce
- 3 eggs
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1 lb Italian sausage
- 1 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 diced onion
- 1/2 sliced onion
- 1/3 cup uncooked white rice
- garlic to taste
- 1/2 tsp Italian spice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the center of the cabbage out. Bring a large, wide saucepan of lightly salted water to a boil. Add cabbage and cook for 2 to 8 minutes or until softened; drain.
- Using tongs peel off about 14-16 leaves. Set aside.
- For the filling, in a large bowl combine the hamburger meat, sausage meat, eggs, 1/2 onion, breadcrumbs, uncooked rice, tomatoes, Italian spice, salt and pepper.
- Mix pasta sauce tomatoes, garlic, other 1/2 of onion and Italian spice.
- Bring to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer uncovered for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Set aside.
- Add 1/4 cup of the sauce to the meat mixture and mix lightly with a fork.
- In a large flat deep dish put 1/2 of sauce in bottom. Roll the cabbage leaves with the meat.
- Layer cabbage rolls in pan on top of sauce. Add remaining sauce to top.
- Put sliced onion on top for looks.
- Cook in a 350 F oven for 1 hour to 1 1/2 hours; until done.
- Internal temperature should be around 165-180F.
May 24, 20170 found this helpful
We put a little of (squeezed) sauerkraut all over the top for flavor.